Throttle damper

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

XantiaDaveEire
My Cars:

Throttle damper

Post by XantiaDaveEire »

My "new" Xantia has this fitted,i really don't like it :x

Is there any actual purpose of this being fitted to the car ?

Dave
1998 Xantia 1.9 TD 186k
2008 C4 grand Picasso exclusive 105k #-o
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

None at all Dave...

Remove it with impunity...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
XantiaDaveEire
My Cars:

Post by XantiaDaveEire »

I will indeed :D

I find the car is much nicer to drive without it and quicker acceleration too 8-)

Was it fitted as standard Jim ? It's just by luck that i found out what it was in one of the other threads,i didn't want to remove it without finding out if it helped reduce heavy foot syndrome :lol:
1998 Xantia 1.9 TD 186k
2008 C4 grand Picasso exclusive 105k #-o
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yes, it was fitted as standard and I believe (no proof) that it was an emission control device to guard against exactly what you like - rapid acceleration. This will make the car produce more smoke under some circumstances and the damper will, to a degree, suppress this.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...