V6 Heater Pipes and matrix

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ozzie Kuma
My Cars:

Post by Ozzie Kuma »

Thanks,...I need one but it depends on the $$s whether I want one or not , $50-ish + shipping sound good, & I'm in no hurry,.. let me know if you need $s or if I can do anything to assist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

98 Xantia V6 MK2
95 Xantia VSX
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I'm on a modest hurry simply because I always have a zillion things on the go and hate stuff which doesn't work as planned.

The fellow you spoke to about R&R on the dash for this job, also wants some cores himself - there's a Xsara to do, and I think a Blingo as well.

Since you're with the wallopers, and in IT - sure you can help - replace the present "zero" for my demerits with a negative number so I have a few transgressions up my sleeve... :lol:
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

What you say about the Valeo matrix could be right Jim. But the Valeo matrix is used on Rangerovers as well...........they are pish :lol:

All the Jap cars I have had aint ever had a matrix go........and far better air con too. s**t parts ?
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Vollies are Valeo too - guess what? Many '90s Volvos here, have bypassed heaters...
Ozzie Kuma
My Cars:

Post by Ozzie Kuma »

OK, I have researched the hell out of changing the heater matrix / dash removal.. It's very cold here @ the mo, so I am keen to get started,.. all I need now is the matrix but that is proving a bit of an issue.

What are the logistics around buying one in UK & having it shipped? I have never done anything like that before.

98 Xantia V6 MK2
95 Xantia VSX
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ozzie Kuma wrote:It's very cold here @ the mo
Ozzie, what do you call cold these days? I know in Darwin 17 degrees in the middle of the dry season (now ish..) was bloody freezing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

17 degrees here is really pretty toasty....

Seriously, plenty more matrix fitting advice is available...

Are you and Addo not doing group buy of matrices then?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Jim, I'm not sure what he's doing; my landed cost was beyond his indicated spending preferences. I will have four of the rotters on Tuesday arvo. Series or parallel connection best? :lol:
Ozzie Kuma
My Cars:

Post by Ozzie Kuma »

Jim,.. cold is relative, as I just posted on addo's "disappointed" , drive fast enough & you don't feel it.

addo, I always wanted a matrix,.. I have posted things here & on frogs but we seem to have got our wires x-ed,.. last I thought I said was do you want some $$$s, & yesterday I thought I sent a "pm" ( that is a private message isn't it?) on this or frogs,..
anyway, I want one assuming it is not $1000.

correction,... "Ripper day out" not "disappointed".

98 Xantia V6 MK2
95 Xantia VSX
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Got to say, I haven't received any PMs from you here, and haven't read or participated in Aussief***wits since last Spring.

Anyhow, if you desire, you can have one Wednesday (assuming they arrive undamaged :shock: ) - it will come with a copy of the sales invoice so you know how much was paid. I think you'll be pleasantly satisfied with the item and its cost.
Ozzie Kuma
My Cars:

Post by Ozzie Kuma »

very much appreciated,.. does it include installation ?

Poor attempt @ humour,.. on that . I assume you are doing one on a Xantia, if you want a hand, please let me know,.. I would love to assist in repayment & learn what I am in for.

98 Xantia V6 MK2
95 Xantia VSX
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I don't know when I'll be personally doing mine - the dash is going to be replaced with an unpunctured one presently occupying my kitchen floor... Besides, the firewall soundproofing needs renewal or repair and that's $1300 I don't have up my sleeve at present.
Ozzie Kuma
My Cars:

Post by Ozzie Kuma »

ok,..offer still stands,.. I await to here from you,.. let me know how much please , I don't leave much between pays to play with either. Thanks again.

98 Xantia V6 MK2
95 Xantia VSX
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

There is a short cut/trick to doing the Range Rover ones. Anyone done similar on a Xantia? Like angle grinder to the bulkhead and then weld the bit back in :lol:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Lexi, it more or less slides up and out - you might get away with removing the windscreen and cutting a porthole in the dash top? :shock:

Our OP now has a matrix, also I disconnected the bulkhead pipes for him as having done a couple of hose repairs I have a feel for the "push clip/wiggle-and-pull coupling" process required.
Ozzie Kuma
My Cars:

Post by Ozzie Kuma »

. thanks Adam...it's those little tricks that will save me hours & much frustration in the long run.
I will not get it started for a while yet unfortunately (re-broke some ribs!) so I am researching the hell out of all the little tricks.

98 Xantia V6 MK2
95 Xantia VSX