Citroen ZX: Rear Suspension Mountings

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

geb042

Citroen ZX: Rear Suspension Mountings

Post by geb042 »

On the ZX, there are some square, thick rubber mountings that sit bolted between the body and the bracket that holds the top of the shock absorber.

The mountings on my ZX have split. Haynes doesn't mention how to renew them specifically, but it only mentions them in the section on removing the rear axle, which involves quite a lot of hassle.

Looking at the job, it just seems a case of raising the car up, disconnecting the shock absorbers, unbolting the bracket, sliding in a new mounting and connecting back up.

I was just wondering if someone could confirm what's actually involved in replacing these mountings.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Here you go...: ZX Subframe mounts info

Not too bad a job, if the bolts aren't rusted right in... Sorry the pics in my original thread are no longer there, might have them some where if you want them.
Richard W
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

tjhe rear rear mounts are very easy and you only need to undo the top and bottom securing nuts, then let the tail end of the sub frame hang down and place the new mounts in the lift the rear end back into place and refit the nuts,

the front rear sub frame mounts are a bit harder but not much,

regards malcolm
geb042

Post by geb042 »

Thanks guys - I'm pleased that it doesn't involve having to go through the hassle of removing all of the axle as the Haynes ZX Diesel manual alludes to!