Eloyes fluid

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

yeomills
My Cars:

Eloyes fluid

Post by yeomills »

My C5 2.2 VTX+ is coming up to 60000 miles is it advisable to top up the fluid early to prevent the filter becoming cloged due to fluid running out. I suspect that the main problem with the system is that it does not have an accurate level sensor and you only know you have a problem after the damage has started. I know that it will need to be put on a lexia to tell the system that this has been done.

Second can anyone recomend a source for purchase of a lexia that will work on C5's

Regards Barry
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi and :welc:

early cars have a float in the Eloyes fluid tank,
and the later ones the level is checked by an electronic counter,

the way i understand it is if the float type you can top up at random with no probs or use of a LEXIA,

but the later ones need a LEXIA to reset the counter software,

also the later ones dont use Eloyes not quite sure what the later fluid is called, but you must not mix/use the wrong one,

were abouts are you as there are a few of us own LEXIA's on here, and if you look in the supperstick area there is a LEXIA location map so you can find the nearest one to you

regards malcolm
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

Is the newer fluid not still called Eloyes and jsut a differnt part number?
I would guess that if its a 2.2 VTX you have the twin turbo diesel? I think it was just the old 136 bhp 2.2 that used the old Eloyes, and they needed the actual particulate filter repalced (or celaned) at every 50000 miles.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.