berlingo 1.9d van horn

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dave28

berlingo 1.9d van horn

Post by dave28 »

Hi all my horn on the van has decided to stop working and i cannot seem to find where it is located so i can check the connections .So can anyone help me out by telling me the location of it. :? many thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Is this a Berlingo 1 or 2 ?
From memory on a berlingo 2 the horn is behing the bumper under one of the headlights (cant remember which side though). You can get to it without full bumper removal if you have an extra pair of hands to hold the bumper back while you get to it.
dave28

Post by dave28 »

thanks for the reply about the location but have now noticed that the horn works ok without the ignition on but nothing when it is turned on. :x
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

dave28 wrote:thanks for the reply about the location but have now noticed that the horn works ok without the ignition on but nothing when it is turned on. :x
In that case i'd be pretty certain that it's a berlingo 2 & that the wiring from the com2000 (indicator & wiper stalk assembly) is shorting on the steering column, you need to get this sorted asap or it will burn out the com2000 & they aint cheap. Just follow the wiring up from the column & insulate & re route the wiring away from the moving part of the column.