Lexia2 power question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you can also run them directly from a 12V car battery, or from the mains with the apropriate power supply,

i do have all these types of conecting my DIS LEXIA 2 and the pug DIAG 2000,

i will charge some battery's up for my camera tonight, then take some picys tomorow, and in the evenning try to send you some,

i you send me your email address as this would be easyer to send them to

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Malcolm, I can save you a job..

Here's the lead to run a Lexia from a 12v battery...

It's a strange plug and in all my time as a electronics engineer I've never seen one like it...

Running from mains needs the special power supply contained in the Lexia trolley. Again, it's a strange plug of the sort I've not seen before either...

One potential solution is to disassemble the Lexia (not an easy job by any means) and fit an alternative 12V power plug...

How have you been charging your battery Mike? I ask as I believed it can only normally be charged from the trolley power supply... It won't charge if the lexia is connected to a 12v supply.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The battery life is very short as it's only intended to power the portable whilst it's being moved from trolley to vehicle. The idea is that the Lexia is powered from the vehicle then.

You can always wheel the trolley to the vehicle Mike!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Mike - a bit of a long shot but failing any other positive response, take whatever you can along with any descriptions to Aitken Brothers in High Bridge.

They are audio technicians in the main but are very good at coming up with solutions to the oddest problems.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i have a transformer with one of my DIAG/DIS LEXIA's,

and also have rhe mains conection on the trolley that has the harness tester on board,

were abouts are you Mike,

regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Sir Jim came down here with two laptop hard drives loaded with citroen software, and converted one of my PUG DIAG 2000's to a DIS LEXIA 2,

the hard drive is the very last bit you get to removeing layer by layer :shock:

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Mike, the lexia is a right tricky device to dismantle with secret screws and the whole works to keep you out.

Hard disk is the most likely... Do you get the double bleep at initial switch on and a quick message on the screen saying "System test..."?

If that's missing then the memory stick may need reseating...

I have a ghost image of the hard disk I used to convert Malcolm's Pug DIAG200 into a Lexia.

It's not a job for the faint of heart!!!
Jim

Jabo
My Cars:

Post by Jabo »

Is the Lexia the only tool compatible with a 2001 2 litre petrol C5 SX or are there any other cheap compatible fault code readers?
2001 Citroen C5 SX 2.0 petrol - Misty Lilac

0-60 MPH Calculator - Android app - https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... zero60full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Weight Transfer Calculator - Android app - https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ansfercalc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

2001 was the year that all petrol cars had to be OBDII compatible (diesels in 2004) so you may just be lucky and get away with a cheap OBDII scannner. You'd have to interpret the codes it gives you though..

Basically, only the Lexia, Proxia and ELIT with a late-programmed flash cassette or the Sykes ACR-4 will read in a satisfactory manner. None are cheap unfortunately. Beware of cheap ELITs on eBay as most will not have the flash cassette and the all-important 16 pin connector adapter box. Without these they're only any good for MK1 XMs!!!

Your best bet is a "Chinese Copy" Lexia 3 from eBay. I have no experience of these but others have found them satisfactory in the most part...
Jim

Jabo
My Cars:

Post by Jabo »

CitroJim wrote:2001 was the year that all petrol cars had to be OBDII compatible (diesels in 2004)
OBDII is America mate, cars over here are EOBD

But thanks for the rest of the info, I might try one of the eBay ones :)

0-60 MPH Calculator - Android app - https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... zero60full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Weight Transfer Calculator - Android app - https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ansfercalc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Jabo wrote: OBDII is America mate, cars over here are EOBD
That's just being bloody pedantic :evil: :wink: :)
Jim

Jabo
My Cars:

Post by Jabo »

CitroJim wrote:That's just being bloody pedantic :evil: :wink: :)
Haha :P