Xantia alarm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Spaces
Location: Rarely in one place for too long - Hebridean Islands and Yorkshire are my favourites
My Cars:

Xantia alarm

Post by Spaces »

Annoying problem, can anyone help? Changed the battery on the (97, Mk1) Xantia earlier, now I can't disable the alarm. The key plip thingy doesn't work, pressing the dashboard button with the sensor marking doesn't either (which I'm sure it did once before.)

HELP....!
PeterN: "Honest John's forum put the last nail in the coffin of owning a 2000- car. Many were still servicable, but CR, DMFs and needing fault codes read because your horn doesn't work - no thanks. All my life I have generally understood cars - until now."
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Hi..

Theres a Sequence for the button on the dash for it to work...

Disconnect the battery again.. have the drivers door open ready..

Reconnect the battery, and BEFORE tightening the clamp, go straight in the car, PRESS and HOLD the Alarm Cancel button FIRST and while you do switch on the ignition... the indicators should then flash and cancel it out....

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Spaces
Location: Rarely in one place for too long - Hebridean Islands and Yorkshire are my favourites
My Cars:

Post by Spaces »

Gracious thanks! Would have been stuffed without that. :D
PeterN: "Honest John's forum put the last nail in the coffin of owning a 2000- car. Many were still servicable, but CR, DMFs and needing fault codes read because your horn doesn't work - no thanks. All my life I have generally understood cars - until now."
arkweld
My Cars: Xantia Activa

Post by arkweld »

citroenxm wrote:Hi..

Theres a Sequence for the button on the dash for it to work...

Disconnect the battery again.. have the drivers door open ready..

Reconnect the battery, and BEFORE tightening the clamp, go straight in the car, PRESS and HOLD the Alarm Cancel button FIRST and while you do switch on the ignition... the indicators should then flash and cancel it out....

Paul
Interested to know what not tightening the clamp's purpose could be , also does the sequence work as for "setting" the alarm , as mine never has shown signs of being set ie: No indicator flash on locking & unlocking
Thank's
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

The Xantia alarm cannot be set by using the key, it has to be via the remote locking.