Xantia S1: driver's door cylinder lock removal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Xantidote
My Cars:

Xantia S1: driver's door cylinder lock removal

Post by Xantidote »

I'm not progressing well with this :cry:

With the plip not working, I now unlock manually with the key, but lately, it's become more difficult at times to remove the key without a little force. Also, when pushing the key into the lock, it sometimes goes (maybe) half way and then seems to hit an obstruction. So now use passenger lock to lock/unlock the car, as a temporary measure.

Today, being lovely warm and sunny, having a go at removal of the driver's door lock cylinder.

As per Haynes, I've removed the rubber grommit from the rear edge of door. BoL then says "insert long screwdriver through the access hole, and depress the lock cylinder retainer clip". Problem is that I've no idea what the retaining clip looks like. BoL says that when it's depressed, and the key's in the lock, the cylinder then will slide out. To help matters, I've now removed the door trim, which certainly gives improved access, and better light, but I still can't see any obvious clip.

Am I missing something?
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

Found clip, and lock cylinder removed! Not the easiest little blighter to find, but as usual, a mug of tea and more PERCYWOTSIT did the job :D

Pity the little access hole is not a little higher in the door.
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )