C5 Lexia questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Allanxantia
My Cars:

C5 Lexia questions

Post by Allanxantia »

DHallworth has been helping me play around on the lexia to get rid of this annoying economy mode problem.
In the lexia menu it staes that economy mode is set to 30m however I want to try changing it but it is asking for a code? any ideas what code this is?

Also I hoped we could turn off the wheel pressure sensors, any ideas how we do this?

Thanks in advance
2002 C5 V6 Exclusive auto LPG
1997 Xantia TD SX £200 bargain
1993 Xantia DLX (now dead)

Then after a 10 year Citroenless gap

1995N Xantia Activa
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

The code is probably a four figure code which came with your C5 on a plastic credit card.

My code is 450G. It hadto be used once when I had the BSI software updated.

I believe that a main dealer can find out what it should be for a fee.
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth »

Why would the cars economy mode timer be set to 30 minutes but the car entering economy mode instantly?

Seems strange to me!

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
Allanxantia
My Cars:

Post by Allanxantia »

searched everywhere don't have the code. just spent an hour pulling potentially suspect fuses (alarm, radio) one at a time to check for any stray current drains, and nothing.

1995N Xantia Activa
wright
My Cars:

Post by wright »

the code is 03114, the wheel sensors is in the accessories menu i think
02 C5 2.0 hdi 110
Allanxantia
My Cars:

Post by Allanxantia »

thanks, we tried the wheel sensors, we could find the reference pressure setting and a setting from memory to set them as "present" or "missing" to no avail, made no difference.

On the plus side with all the fault codes cleared, the car felt better and smoother

1995N Xantia Activa
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth »

Thanks wright, is that a generic code for them all?

Allan, the problem was that we couldn't write the settings to the BSI after we'd disabled the tyre pressure sensors or changed the economy mode setting as we didn't have that code.

Be worth trying again.

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
wright
My Cars:

Post by wright »

it is, and you will only need to put it in once, usually, the code that comes on a card when new is an individual code and is needed for coding new keys and i think bsi units
02 C5 2.0 hdi 110
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

my dealere gets the card 4 digit code free of charge these days, im not sure if they will for the general public though,

also i think the code can be got from service citroen with the chassis/VIN No. somehow,

regards malcolm
The Birdman
My Cars:

Post by The Birdman »

citronut wrote:my dealere gets the card 4 digit code free of charge these days, im not sure if they will for the general public though,

also i think the code can be got from service Citroën with the chassis/VIN No. somehow,

regards malcolm
Dealers here charge £18 for the Transponder code (i think they all phone the main headquarters in Coventry), you can get it from service box but not the free online part , you will need "user name" and "password" for that area :wink:
For what we are about to receive may we be truly thank full.

http://www.citroencodes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.peugeotcodes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Allanxantia
My Cars:

Post by Allanxantia »

So, is it 03114 as wright says or do I need the code, incidentally I found the card but all sections are blank, it was a citroen UK car originally so possibly not the most thorough PDI

1995N Xantia Activa
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

If any long-standing members needs their Keycode, PM me the VIN and I can usually get it within a day or two for you.

If anyone knows how to get them from Service Box, let me know as I should be getting full access shortly as well.
The Birdman
My Cars:

Post by The Birdman »

MikeT wrote:If any long-standing members needs their Keycode, PM me the VIN and I can usually get it within a day or two for you.

If anyone knows how to get them from Service Box, let me know as I should be getting full access shortly as well.
To get them from service box you need password and user name for the confidential part , just having full access does not guarantee Transponder codes part of service box. ( i have access) :wink:

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

The Birdman wrote:
MikeT wrote:If any long-standing members needs their Keycode, PM me the VIN and I can usually get it within a day or two for you.

To get them from service box you need password and user name for the confidential part , just having full access does not guarantee Transponder codes part of service box. ( i have access) :wink:
Sorry, can you elaborate on what you mean by password and user name for the confidential part? What I meant by full access was to all areas of the system, including those areas that require payment.

Thanks for confirming the keycodes can be had through service box. Care to share which section I need to go to? :)
The Birdman
My Cars:

Post by The Birdman »

MikeT wrote:
The Birdman wrote:

Sorry, can you elaborate on what you mean by password and user name for the confidential part? What I meant by full access was to all areas of the system, including those areas that require payment.

Thanks for confirming the keycodes can be had through service box. Care to share which section I need to go to? :)
Incidents and Solutions :)