p reg synergie fuel priming

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dave2011

p reg synergie fuel priming

Post by dave2011 »

hi all.ive heard that there is a pre fuel primer on a 1.9td that primes the fuel before it starts..........as mine dont work n i have to prime the car 1st thing on a morning which is a pain i was wondering if any1 knows where its located on the engine n why it would pack up?...... cheers guys :)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

It is the rubber bulb in the fuel line on the left hand side of the engine bay, squeeze it 'til it gets hard and the engine should fire straight away.
There is likely a leak somewhere in the fuel line, overnight the fuel partially drains away and is replaced by air.
The usual trick is to replace the fuel line between the primer bulb and the pump with some clear fuel line and look for bubbles that will confirm a leak, then hunt down where the leak is.
Very often it is hardened and cracked leakoff pipes or the end cap missing from them.
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

cheers steve.the pumps leaking so thats why i have to prime the bladder every morning which is annoying.......... :) but i got told there was a electric primer gadget on the engine that pumps the diesel to the injectors when you turn the key.any ideas where it is? and how do i test it? 8-)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

The HDi's do but not the TD.
They are in the tank, accessible by lifting the rear seat and opening a plastic cover then the tank access cover.

All academic for you though.

If you have a look around there are threads on sealing the pump, not that difficult a DIY project.
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

is the pump that easy to seal up?....... ive been quoted 100 quid to seal it up n it would have to be removed. :evil: im guessing the pump in the tank is ok as it runs fine once its started.......its just gotta be primed on a morning. :) i,ll have a search n see if i can find owt on sealing the pump up.cheers. :wink: