Citroen parts - cheaper than the other car makes?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

eurotrotter

Citroen parts - cheaper than the other car makes?

Post by eurotrotter »

hey gang

just wondering if anyone knows from their own experience whether Citroen parts are cheaper than vw or any other major brand?

i heard that pug and fiat have the cheapest parts of all car manufacturers, just wondering if anyone can confirm this?

its just i need to get new discs at the front and new shcoks all round, and just wondering how this maintenance would compare if i were to do it to an equivalent car from any car brand

thanks
ed
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

From personal experience I've found PSA, Fiat and Ford to have reasonable prices, as for VW and Vauxhall parts well get your wallet out!
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

it depends on what quality you want,

some of the suspension parts the likes of ECP and GSF are not up to lasting any length of time,

case in question one of my customers asked me to fit both front suspension arms to his V*L*O V70, we bought them from ECP and the bush's fell apart within the year,

the original ones lasted 8 years,

so weigh up what you consider to be cheap or maybe cheap and nasty,

we have now fitted OE arms,

regards malcolm
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

In my opinion I am able to find Xantia parts easily and for reasonable prices.
A friend of mine owns a Peugeot and he told me that he prefers to buy Citroen
parts if possible which is cheaper than the same part sold for Peugeot :roll: :?
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

VertVega wrote:In my opinion I am able to find Xantia parts easily and for reasonable prices.
A friend of mine owns a Peugeot and he told me that he prefers to buy Citroën
parts if possible which is cheaper than the same part sold for Peugeot :roll: :?
That's really strange VV as we often find exactly the opposite here :!:
C.J.
My Cars:

Post by C.J. »

Don't consider buying interior trim parts from Citroen, if even available that is.
Eye wateringly expensive.
Had to price a cloth rear seat cover for a limited edition Xantia many years ago, and was quoted somewhere in the region of £500 iirc.
Similar for Renault too.
Driver bonded seat base cover on a low rent version.
£450 +vat and fitting. :shock:

Poor old geezer nearly keeled over with shock, and never heard from him again either! :lol:
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!
geb042

Post by geb042 »

I own both a Citroen and a VW and I can tell you that main dealer Citroen parts are no cheaper than VW, and in most cases are eye-wateringly expensive.

I find this strange when the robustness of the Citroen (particularly body and interior) is inferior to the VW.

I recently had to buy a new heater control unit for my ZX - £155 for what was nothing more than a very cheap, nastly brittle piece if plastic that wouldn't look out of place on a cheap child's toy!
C.J.
My Cars:

Post by C.J. »

geb042 wrote:I own both a Citroën and a VW and I can tell you that main dealer Citroën parts are no cheaper than VW, and in most cases are eye-wateringly expensive.

I find this strange when the robustness of the Citroën (particularly body and interior) is inferior to the VW.

I recently had to buy a new heater control unit for my ZX - £155 for what was nothing more than a very cheap, nastly brittle piece if plastic that wouldn't look out of place on a cheap child's toy!
You do wonder how they price these items up don't you?

Probably a case of them being able to simply get away with it.
Take it or leave it attitude, only the factors agents are giving them a damned good run for their money on mechanical parts now gladly.
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

geb042 wrote:I own both a Citroën and a VW and I can tell you that main dealer Citroën parts are no cheaper than VW, and in most cases are eye-wateringly expensive.

I find this strange when the robustness of the Citroën (particularly body and interior) is inferior to the VW.

If your comparing to a ZX then no wonder...

As for Xantia seats, you cannot beat the Velour trim!! Ive a xantia with 240k miles on the same drivers seats, and my Taxi customer kept his veolour trim from his S2 LX Taxi, after 289k, and I fitted it to his W reg HDi, which he has now done another 135k and STILL no hole in the bolsters or base etc etc... Unlike VAG stuff that wears before 100k

Yes the suede trim IS completely crap in S2 cars..

Ive got leather in my Xantia comming to 180k and theres NO wear on it at all....

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto