C3 Child Locks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

quattrojames
My Cars:

C3 Child Locks

Post by quattrojames »

2003 C3 HDi Exclusive.

The child locks work fine with the button on the dash, but every time my wife starts the car she has to remember to set them. Which is a problem apparently. Is it possible to set them to ON by default?

There are buttons by the rear door locks, but how do they move as they seem pretty fixed to me.

Can anyone offer any words of wisdom?

Thank you :wink:
Audi A4 2.5TDi quattro
Citroen C3 Exclusive (Mrs QJ)
(Donor 2017)
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.0 Hdi 2003

Post by 411514 »

i imagine the buttons on the rear door are simply the lock/unlock buttons which with the doors open will not move, does it not have the old fashioned little keyhole in the doorshut by the catch, i imagine it would be possible to set them to lock automatically with a lexia system, unless anyone more knowledgable than me comes along to enlighten you on this possibility i would just ring a citroen dealer and see if they can do it with lexia
JamesQB
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 1.8 - I miss this car a lot.

Post by JamesQB »

Is the dash button purely for the child locks? If so, I've noticed that most features tend to be toggled auto on or off by holding the button in. Take the anti-hijack feature in my Renault, where the doors lock when the car reaches 5mph, that's turned on by holding down the central locking button on the dash for a few seconds.
Honda Civic 2.2 CDTi 2006
Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi 2007