C5 Estate Rear Tailgate Plastic Window Switch - Removal?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

corsehf
My Cars:

C5 Estate Rear Tailgate Plastic Window Switch - Removal?

Post by corsehf »

Can anyone shed any light on how to remove the plastic switch from the rear tailgate window without breaking it?? - please!
Andy

2003 C5 2.2HDi Exclusive SE Est

2001 C5 2.2HDi SX Est (gone to C5 Heaven!)
2001 Omega 2.2DTi Est (stolen by Ex!!)
1997 Xantia 2.1TD SX
1994 ZX TD Volcane
Lancia Stratos Replica
johntom

Post by johntom »

Hi
to get to the switch, the plastic cover (the first thing you see) pulls off. Once this is off you can see the micro switch, however when bought new from citroen, the switch comes complete with the back plate (the piece touching the glass). So to replace the whole switch assembly the wiper arm (12mm nut) has to come off (some sort off puller will be required to remove the arm itself as its on a tapered bush) my wiper arm broke as the alloy bush inside the arm separated/broke from the plastic arm. Below this is rubber seal and the large nut holding the switch/backing plate assembly. The new switch comes with a length of wire/plug which plugs in, through the glass, inside the car. If your switch has broken off, joining the blue and brown wires will pop open the rear glass so you can get inside. Hope this makes sense.
corsehf
My Cars:

Post by corsehf »

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I guess i should have phrased my question a bit better.
The switch on my car is fairly new and i fitted it but i'm damned if i can remember how it got put together.
This car is now being scrapped and all others i have looked at appear to have a broken or non working rear switch which is why i want to take mine off as i know it to work perfectly but it has to come off unbroken!!
Andy

1997 Xantia 2.1TD SX
1994 ZX TD Volcane
Lancia Stratos Replica
cachaciero
My Cars:

Re: C5 Estate Rear Tailgate Plastic Window Switch - Removal?

Post by cachaciero »

corsehf wrote:Can anyone shed any light on how to remove the plastic switch from the rear tailgate window without breaking it?? - please!
You need a very small flat blade drive to go in the little slot at the base of the cover, you use this to hopefully release the little bit of "clicky" plastic which holds the top on after which it should pull off.

cachaciero
2006 Toyota Prius T Spirit
2001 2.2 C5 Exclusive SE
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto VSX
1995 XM 2.1 TD Auto SX died @ 140K
1987 CX 2.5 Gti Turbo II dead
1984 Ford Scorpio
1981 CX 2.4 Pallas Auto
Renault 21
1220 GS Club
Rover P6 2000TC
corsehf
My Cars:

Re: C5 Estate Rear Tailgate Plastic Window Switch - Removal?

Post by corsehf »

cachaciero wrote:
You need a very small flat blade drive to go in the little slot at the base of the cover, you use this to hopefully release the little bit of "clicky" plastic which holds the top on after which it should pull off.

cachaciero
Yes got it, hopefully it didn't break when it flicked off - don't want to put it together in case it snaps shut again!! - Thanks again.
Andy

1997 Xantia 2.1TD SX
1994 ZX TD Volcane
Lancia Stratos Replica