Xantia throttle

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

froggy
Donor 2023
My Cars: S2 Xantia Forte 185435.
Peugeot 306 Meridian, the boss.

Xantia throttle

Post by froggy »

Hi, My 1997 Xantia 1.9TD.
When I take my foot off the accelerater, the engine still revs for approx , 15 to 20 seconds. Do I need to lubricate something ? any ideas ?
cheers Terry .
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No, if it's still there Terry, you need to get rid of the damper on the injection pump. It looks like a little shock absorber between the throttle arm and the pump body..

You may find two, that one on the front of the pump and another damper on the other side. Don't ditch the other one as it performs an anti-stall function. The front shock absorber-like one though is best got shot of. It really serves no useful purpose...

If the revving continues after removal, come back for more thoughts...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

If you have a cylinder along the throttle cable, normally clipped to the air filter box, it could be that it's fraying in there.

Replacement throttle cable kit from the dealer is about £36 when I last got one, although it only lasted a few months :(
So I went along to the local cycle shop, found a gear cable with the same size small metal block on the end, extracted the snapped throttle cable and fed the gear cable out through the hole by the pedals and gently pressed it into the plastic pedal clip I removed from the old cable.
Don't cut the excess length off, just wrap it around the throttle arm.
Still going strong, and cost £3.60
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
froggy
Donor 2023
My Cars: S2 Xantia Forte 185435.
Peugeot 306 Meridian, the boss.

Xantia throttle

Post by froggy »

Thanks guys .