Rear exhaust box - Xsara Pic

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Rear exhaust box - Xsara Pic

Post by RichardW »

Had to replace the rear box on the Picasso today - noticed last weekend it was sounding a bit raspy, and it's got worse this week so thought I had better have a look at it. Found the flange on the rear box almost rotted right off - not in the usual place at the box, but around the clamp. Phoned the local exhaust place and they wanted a ton to do it, but were about to close - phoned a local factors and bagged a new box for £26!! seems like the price was wrong to me, but there you go - I didn't argue. Anyway, point of this post (apart from pointing out the mark up at fast fit places!) is that the rear box only has 2 hangers at the rear, so if the box fails at the front it could pivot down and dig into the road - worth keeping an eye on the state of this part, and changing out before it gets too serious.

On ours there is also a hanger on the pipe wrapped around the sub frame cross tube, and this has rotted through. I've put a jubilee clip round it, hopefully this will satisfy the MOT man, as the new clamp costs £25, and there doesn't look a right lot of room to get the clamp in past the torsion and anti roll bars. In fact I can't imagine you can get it in at all....!
Richard W
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i was told by a motor factors i deal with that companys like BOSAL included have two diferent quality's they can/will supply,

one with a 1 year warenty and a dearer one with a 2 year warenty, and priced acordingly,

regards malcolm