xantia servicing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

louis1
My Cars:

xantia servicing

Post by louis1 »

Just a few questions

I have a 1998 Xantia exclusive 3.0 V6 auto and i would like to know where the fuel filter is, the power steering fluid top up and the brake fluid, it had the liquid suspension so i wouldered if is was to do with that. What grade oil is best suited to the car
Cheers Louis
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

louis,
all xantia's share the same fluid eg LHM for steering, braking & supension, this is loctated in the top right hand corner of the engine bay, it's a black resvoir with a little dome onto in which should be a orange or brass disc (normally) & lots of pipes coming out of the top.
To check fluid level, put the car in 'high' mode, wait for the car to rise & settle at that height, check to postion of the disc as mentioned before, if top-up is required then add clean LHM to the resevior.
fuel filter is normally located beside the drivers rear wheel, looks like a silver tube, with a pipe coming out of each end.
as for the oil type, soz can't help on that one
dom
David Goddard
My Cars:

Post by David Goddard »

I have always used Total Fully Synthetic - I think 24V engines need the best oil and a change (with filter) every 9,000 miles. Mine is still quiet at 120,000 miles.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

You might find the owners manual behind a flap on the underside of the dashboard near the driver's door.[:)] There is a little knob which you twist and it opens up revealing one of the fuseboxes.