Ciroen C5 2.0 HDi, cooling system and speedo questions.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bodykitboy

Post by bodykitboy »

just to update this guys, i had a quick check at the thermostat myself today, bought one locally and replaced it myself. a 5 minute job, very handy. the intercooler pipe was a little in the way but that was fine.

i also drained and replaced my coolant at the same time, system seems to have bled out fine so all is well :D

the heaters are getting hot and the temp gauge is working nicely so i asume all is well.

i also found a breakers today who are posting me a set of gauges for 65, so i'l fit them myself when they arrive.

thanks again for all the useful replies and i'l keep you updated :D
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Take a couple of photo's of the bleed valves but you have obviously found them by now. Can't locate the cable for the camera at the moment and couldn't locate the third bleed point so presume there are only two, could have sworn there were three.
bodykitboy

Post by bodykitboy »

i'l take a couple in the daylight as soon as i can.

i only found 2, one to the top left of the radiator and one on the thermo housing.
Jeff
My Cars:

Post by Jeff »

If your having replacement gauges sent then you just need to pop out the display, disconnect the multi plug behind and fit the new one. Touch wood the second hand replacement will last. Regarding the old ones keep the rev stepper motor as a "universal" spare.
bodykitboy

Post by bodykitboy »

Jeff wrote:If your having replacement gauges sent then you just need to pop out the display, disconnect the multi plug behind and fit the new one. Touch wood the second hand replacement will last. Regarding the old ones keep the rev stepper motor as a "universal" spare.
you read my mind there.

the breakers said they will mark theirs so they would recognise it and offer three months warranty with it, so heres hoping :?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

bodykitboy wrote:i'l take a couple in the daylight as soon as i can.

i only found 2, one to the top left of the radiator and one on the thermo housing.
Ah - there is one almost on the firewall, on the heater matrix feed!

Still haven't found the camera leads and my card reader went up in smoke a couple of months ago, trying to read the wife's phone card.