Xantia Issues (Late S1 Petrol)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

P616VKX
My Cars:

Xantia Issues (Late S1 Petrol)

Post by P616VKX »

Hi Guys,

I've got a bit of a problem.

The £250 Xantia I bought is giving me a lil' bit of grief, so I need some advice!

The suspension, in the morning takes quite some time to come up to height, sometimes 30-40 seconds. However, the stop light goes out after 6-7 seconds. The thing is, I'm under the impression it shouldn't need to come up to height as it's not a sinker? Which brings me onto my question, why does it sink after 30-40 minutes of standing?

If it's in normal ride height mode and I move the lever to increased height (Not Service High), it shoots up quite high. But then, moving it to Service High doesn't make any difference. Increased height and Service High are both the same thing from what I can see.

The temperature when in traffic is unsatisfactory. The gauge regularly gets VERY close to the top of the scale. It never hits 110, but gets mighty close. The overtemp LED and the Stop light randomly flash if I turn the Air Con on regardless of the engine temperature. The cooling fans only come on when the Stop light comes on.

There's a rapid ticking from under the bonnet (I don't think it's a duff Acc' Sphere), it sounds like it's happening with every engine revolution, maybe the AC compressor or something, not too sure. Would the Acc' tick 7-8 times a second?

Lastly... The brakes! Now, these, so I'm told by my mother are very reassuring to use... And I thought I'd find out... "How reassuring are they"... She drove me to the Air Field and I gave it the beans to about 70 and slammed on... But, there was no feeling of ABS, no crunching in the pedal, it just stopped. I did notice that the stop light flickered when I was stopping, but didn't know if it was the engine thinking it was overheating, or just cos' I demanded so much power from the LHM tank.

Anyone with any suggestions, please do reply.

(Just to add, my indicator relay keeps clicking, but I'm guessing that's a duff stalk!)
B564PLC - Red/Grey Renault 11 GTL 'Premiere'