06 C5 O/S/F side light :roll:

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

06 C5 O/S/F side light :roll:

Post by citronut »

it seems to me it a head lamp out jub to fit a new bulb, then that looks like a bumper off job as well??????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

back when they seemed to know how the build a car it would have been a two minuite job to change a bulb,

now it looks like a two hour job i spoz thats progress :shock:

regards malcolm
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

You should not have to remove the headlight to change the bulb, ive never had to yet. Is it the main headlamp bulb or the sidelight?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Ging by the title, I'd say sidelight :wink:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

it is the O/S/F side light bulb, i fitted a bulb to the N/S/F side light i did remove the bettery for this one,

the O/S one i found i could not get my skinny hand down between the slam panel and the hydraulic tank, and then manipulate my fingers into the back of the lamp unit to get hold of the bulb holder to pull it out,

regards malcolm
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Malcolm,

They are hellishly tight to get out, IIRC Chris and I discuss this in his blog when he got his 'new motor' They can got out but it's a real pain, If you can just get your fingers to it then they can be wiggled out but I think you had to use both hands and work 'blind'

A tip for getting them back in is to have the sidelights switched on and look through the front on the lense from the wing towards the number plate and you can see the bulb go in.

Hope that's some help
Steve

Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Really should be more observant! :lol:

I can change sidelight bulbs in a minute or so on the facelifted C5s, for the battery side its a bit easier with it removed, but the other side can be accessed without removing things, only the top plastic trim.

Its right in the corner of the light, best to feel around for the little black plug, pull that off then pull out the bulb - no twsisting is needed, it pulls straight back.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

steve this is an 06 C5 and the side light is a frosted stip all the way along the top of the head lamp, so you/i could not see the were the bulb come through by looking at the front,

i manged to do the N/S one with both rubber covers off of the dipped beam and side lamp,

i then had one hand in with fingers upwards through the dipped beam oppening, and towards the side lamp holder to pull it out, with two fingers at the side lamp oppening to grab the holder as it protruded,

i found i could not get my fingers into the side lamp oppening as well as each side of the holder, there just did not seem to be enough room as this oppening is only just big enough to get two fingers into,

the owner had previouysly had a freind attempt to fit the N/S dipped beam bulb, he ended up pulling the wire clip fully out, and as its is so deep into the back of the head lamp body he could not re/fit it,

so the owner then bought the car to me and half an hour later i got the wire and dipped bulb back into place,

the problem i found with this is you can see it with a morror, but with you hand in there you you then cant see what you are doing, so have to do it by feel,

Chris were abouts in the country :wink:

regards malcolm
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

citronut wrote:steve this is an 06 C5 and the side light is a frosted stip all the way along the top of the head lamp, so you/i could not see the were the bulb come through by looking at the front,
Malcolm,

Yeah, it's the same as the 55 (facelift) I had, If you get down low you can just see the sidelight bulb, through the top of the headlight glass, try turning the sidelights on and looking at the N/S and I think you'll see what I mean
Steve

Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I guess its just a case of knowing where the bulb is located and just getting your fingers in as you can not see and get your hand in at the same time.

Ive never had to remove the covers from the back of the headlamp, only the tiny one which covers the hole to the sidelight section. If you pop that off and feel around with your fingers you should get it.

There isnt much room to get in some thin pointed nose pliers, but as the bulb holder is never a good tight fit into the light unit i often pull gently on the wire (making sure it is the right wire going to the side light bulb holder) and it comes free with no effort. Obviously at first i struggled and thought id pull the wires off but ive done a few now on different facelifted C5s and ive not had a problem.

Getting the holder back in is more of a pain, as you need to make sure the notches are lined up and make sure your pushing it in square with the holder in the light.

Its a fiddle but once you have done a few they are dead easy. I can actually change a sidelight bulb in them in a minute or so, i do have the thinnest of arms/hands and long fingers mind. :lol: Im a little far from you though :lol:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10