programming a remote to my car....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

programming a remote to my car....

Post by deano1970 »

ok, I have asked about this before,I bought a remote keyfob off e bay supposedly for a picasso,anyway,the coding instructions were fruitless as it would not program to my car. Anyway,from the service receipts I got with the car,I found the phone number of the original and only previous owner.So I rang her, she explained that the key snapped in the door and only one remote fob was ever supplied with the car from new. She asked citroen about getting another but was quoted such a ridiculous price,she just had a second one cut for the doors and ignition. Now I asked her if everything was passed on with the car(there was no key card or radio code) and she said it was. So, am I to think citroen could have programmed the fob using a lexia,or whatever they use, or would they have needed the key card? I ask because I had a xantia and I did have a key card with that,but she seems to think she never had one but citroen still could do the programming, unless the quote was for a new ecu as well? any ideas?? cheers....oh,and would i need a radio code for my radio should the battery ever be disconnected,because I do not have this either,not sure if it needs one?? thanks,dean :x
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

As far as Radio goes, it depends on the year... it may be like the C5 and be coded to the car so you WILL NOT need to worry about a radio code when disconnected.

As for PLIP, the dealer WOULD have used a Lexia, its the ONLY way to reprogramme a RF PLIP to the car.. They may have got the Key Card code from the Chassis number for them selfs, but wont release it to you without a charge. As for the card itself they ALL should have a key code card with them.

As said, Dealer can get the code from the Chassis number - so can a fellow Fourm Member.. I think its MikeT but Im not 100% certain.

Depite what sellers say on ebay about programming them, you need a lexia. The only time you dont is when the key is already programmed but it has lost its Sync with the locking ECU.

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Paul
i think the dealers give this card code out without any fee nowadays, as im sure the last couple of times i have not had to pay,

also i think you can get the code via service citroen with the chassis No.

Deano
was it a brand new genuine or second hand plip you bought from ebay,

as i think i read somewere you it is not possible to re/programm a second hand RF plip to another car,

regards malcolm
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

citroenxm wrote:As far as Radio goes, it depends on the year... it may be like the C5 and be coded to the car so you WILL NOT need to worry about a radio code when disconnected.

As for PLIP, the dealer WOULD have used a Lexia, its the ONLY way to reprogramme a RF PLIP to the car.. They may have got the Key Card code from the Chassis number for them selfs, but wont release it to you without a charge. As for the card itself they ALL should have a key code card with them.

As said, Dealer can get the code from the Chassis number - so can a fellow Fourm Member.. I think its MikeT but Im not 100% certain.

Depite what sellers say on ebay about programming them, you need a lexia. The only time you dont is when the key is already programmed but it has lost its Sync with the locking ECU.

Paul
thanks for the info paul. it isn't that important but you realise how much you miss r/c/l/ when it is dark and when the locks are frozen.......cheers,dean
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

citronut wrote:
as i think i read somewere you it is not possible to re/programm a second hand RF plip to another car,

regards malcolm
Hi Malc

Its PERFECTLY possibly... I have done it as far as unlocking a car goes!! And used an exsisting Key Card and the bought key... I didn't go as far as setting it to start a car though...

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

citronut wrote:Paul
i think the dealers give this card code out without any fee nowadays, as im sure the last couple of times i have not had to pay,

also i think you can get the code via service Citroën with the chassis No.

Deano
was it a brand new genuine or second hand plip you bought from ebay,

hi malcolm, it was advertised as brand new. I paid £50.00 for it from the usa...it is supposedly an original citroen fob with new circuit board in it,and just opening the car is all I want as I have two keys, anyway,the e bayer is now no longer registered and I opened a dispute,and won,so got my money back,but I sent it back to the usa and it came back as un deliverable,so really I gained on the deal,got my 50 quid back and got the new remote,not only that,but he sent out another,so I have two,one of which is on ebay,item number 250777121691 if you want to take a look.Anyway,I need to just try and find out if I can get the code then find someone with a lexia who knows how to use it to re program it to open the car. the fob comes with an uncut blade and I know the lady who had it before,had a replica made with the transponder chip in it and it starts the car fine,so, realistically, If I can get the fob to open the doors,chances are I can get someone who can cut a key and include the transponder chip,already found a site for that... http://www.rockleylocksafe.co.uk/
regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

yes Paul

but my local dealer does and will get me the card code for my customers cars, and i have programed a couple of keys for customers,

one being my freinds Picasso mind this was just a chiped imobaliser key and not a plip,

regards malcolm
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

hi malcolm, it was advertised as brand new. I paid £50.00 for it from the usa...it is supposedly an original Citroën fob with new circuit board in it,and just opening the car is all I want as I have two keys, anyway,the e bayer is now no longer registered and I opened a dispute,and won,so got my money back,but I sent it back to the usa and it came back as un deliverable,so really I gained on the deal,got my 50 quid back and got the new remote,not only that,but he sent out another,so I have two,one of which is on ebay,item number 250777121691 if you want to take a look.Anyway,I need to just try and find out if I can get the code then find someone with a lexia who knows how to use it to re program it to open the car. the fob comes with an uncut blade and I know the lady who had it before,had a replica made with the transponder chip in it and it starts the car fine,so, realistically, If I can get the fob to open the doors,chances are I can get someone who can cut a key and include the transponder chip,already found a site for that... http://www.rockleylocksafe.co.uk/
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

were abouts in the country are you as there are several members on here with DIS LEXIA's me being one,

there is a map somewere on here with all the DIS LEXIA owneing FCF members location's,

and these diagnostic tools can and will do all the dealer does ( in the right hands :lol: )

regards malcolm
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

citronut wrote:were abouts in the country are you as there are several members on here with DIS LEXIA's me being one,

there is a map somewere on here with all the DIS LEXIA owneing FCF members location's,

and these diagnostic tools can and will do all the dealer does ( in the right hands :lol: )

regards malcolm
hi malcolm, i am in buxton,derbyshire
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

ok a bit to far from me on the south coast then so look here,

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=29178

i see it is a later Picasso then,

regards malcolm
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

citronut wrote:
i see it is a later Picasso then,

regards malcolm
hi malcolm, thanks for the info list..... no,it's an 02 picasso, and was not the same as the one that he advertised in the picture. I pointed this out to him,I just don't think he got it,and is the reason he sent out another remote,exactly the same as the first......anyway,I got my money back so if this is not for an 02 picasso,then hopegully I could pick one up from e bay if it can be programmed to open the doors,just so I'm not fumbling in the dark,or spraying de-icer in the locks in the middle of december...,cheers,dean
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i won it thanks a lot,

i think maybe this is the wrong plip for an 02 Picasso, as my daughters 02 Picasso has the older style two button plip like the one and two button plip for the Saxo's, its more pear shaped, like this ebay listting 290537244005,

the plip i won from you is more like the later Picasso and C4's, as i have a customer with an 06 Picasso with this type,

regards malcolm