testting spheres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

what you mean theres no radio valves in the ECU then :lol:

well Sir Jim always seems to come up with a proper fix for most things XANTIA :wink:

are the diodes that die in the ECU then, i always thought they were in each of the electrovalves,

regards malcolm
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

They are in the electrovalves but you can't get them apart to replace them you can connect them across the other end of the wires in the ECU though. I suppose you could wire them across the valves, but as you will likely know, they are not very easy to get at, much cleaner to do it from under the bonnet

Peter
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Sorry I didn't read you post properly, no radio valves, if there were I would understand them a lot better but the ecu would be the size of a bus.

Peter
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I just wire the diodes into the loom just after the ECU plug. Strictly they ought to be close to the coil but in practice, just by the ECU is fine.

All the magic box contains is two diodes!!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
xmexclusive

Post by xmexclusive »

I had a little test lead with ECU plug and socket on the ends.
All wires straight through and with a set of diodes fitted.
Two minute job to plug it in and check what difference diode fitting was going to make to a Hydractive 2 car.
Lent it to some one a while ago so I will have to make up another one.
I found that it helped fault finding no end.
It told you straight away if the diodes were going to make a difference to the current suspension performance.
My preference is to mount the diodes on the connector leads inside the ECU. No missunderstanding of where they have been put irrespective of PCB type. It also gives a chance to examine and test the VN05N's and replace if needed.

John
Xmexclusive