Advice on a couple of things C5 hdi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nick69

Advice on a couple of things C5 hdi

Post by Nick69 »

Hi there,

My 2002 C5 2.0hdi is acting up a bit.
1) The radio changes its stored channels everytime the engine is turned off.
2) When you turn the car off the suspension raises for some reason?

Would anyone be able to offer help as to why these are happening?

Thanks
Nick

Oh yes and also, how hard is it to change the front bumper on this car? The previous owner has obviously caught it or hit something lightly and the black bit under the bumper is split and almost drags on the ground!
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Does the radio still adjust its pre-set channels if your on radio and not CD?

Radios seem to be a bit of a problem on the C5, ive known ones which dont turn off or on as the buttons packs in, ones which change their pre-sets when the like (usually when the car is turned off with a cd playing) and ones whcih lose the radio function all together.

How far does the suspension lift up?
Back and front or just one?
Does it do this every time or only when you park it sometimes or in certain places?
If you pull into a space on full lock then some C5s like to play around with their suspension heights for a good few minutes.

Ive never removed a C5 bumper, but i do believe its quite an easy thing to do.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

As Chris says, bumper removal is dead easy.

Depending on that attitude and loading of the C5 you will find that it does sometimes adjust it's height after switching off or when unlocking the car.
If it is doing it persistently then something is amiss.
Do a series of Citroebics and see if that has any effect. If not I would be checking the height correctors.

Radios are a mystery to me.
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

myglaren wrote: Radios are a mystery to me.
It's his age..........Bless him............sorry Steve couldn't resist(or) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Radio sounds like a faulty permanent live feed to me , I suggest checking the fuses....
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Nick69

Post by Nick69 »

Hi guys and thanks for the help.
It seems to just be the front of the car that raises up after switch off. The back goes up and down when it should. This is with the car on flat ground with nothing in.
Where would the height adjuster be located?

The radio is a funny one to describe. It does keep the stored channels per say but 'radio 2' in position 2 will become something else say and 'classic' will become a different station. Its not REALLY a problem just more of an inconvienience :wink:

As far as the bumper goes ill have to wait for it to stop raining and have a good look, is it possible the front bumper could be interfering with the front height adjuster?
P616VKX
My Cars:

Post by P616VKX »

Nick69 wrote:!Hi guys and thanks for the help.
It seems to just be the front of the car that raises up after switch off. The back goes up and down when it should. This is with the car on flat ground with nothing in.
Where would the height adjuster be located?!
The height adjusters are part of the front suspension units on the Hydraulic system somewhere. I'm a relative newbie to Citroen's with this strange set up, but the height correctors are on front and rear, and sense load therefore increasing/decreasing pressure to keep the car at a complete flat.
"The radio is a funny one to describe. It does keep the stored channels per say but 'radio 2' in position 2 will become something else say and 'classic' will become a different station. Its not REALLY a problem just more of an inconvienience :wink: "
The radio could be something such as... Look at the screen when you save your stations. You have a selection of FM1, FM2, sometimes FM3 or just FM, but you'll have FM, FM1, FM2 when you scroll through the source/mode buttons on the radio. Along with, MW and LW... If you save a preset to Button 1 when in FM3, you'll come round to FM1/FM and not have your station saved as it's in a different preset. Press the radio button on the radio to see what I mean.
"As far as the bumper goes ill have to wait for it to stop raining and have a good look, is it possible the front bumper could be interfering with the front height adjuster?"
I can't see the bumper doing a thing to the suspension, unless it's been a hard enough whack to damage the suspension, which it doesn't sound like.
B564PLC - Red/Grey Renault 11 GTL 'Premiere'
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

My Xsara radio used to retune itself to other stations with similar frequencies when in certain parts of the UK.

To fix it I turned RDS off.
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Height correctors are on a linkage to the anti-roll bars, front and rear.

It is highly unlikely that the bumper damage has any connection with the height corrector unless a piece has broken off at speed and impacted the front one.

The HCs are electronic. There are no hydraulic pipes attached as with previous systems.
Try unplugging the connector and spraying with contact cleaner (not WD40!)
Check for moisture and corrosion on the contacts.