C5 economy mode sinking and other issues!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Allanxantia
My Cars:

C5 economy mode sinking and other issues!

Post by Allanxantia »

After a 5 year gap, I'm back in a citroen, a 2002 C5 V6 auto. I have had quite a few niggly jobs to do, most of which are done but a couple I am struggling with.

The car goes into economy mode instantly as soon as you switch off, checking battery condition etc, to no avail. It is quite annoying having no interior lights at night!.

The front end is sinking very slightly overnight, which I suspect is a weeping strut? is this likely?

I am also convinced that there is the beginnings of wheel bearing noise, but might just be tyre noise, how suseptible are they to tyre noise?
I am planning a 4000 mile trip to south of france around easter so I need to have faith in it....
2002 C5 V6 Exclusive auto LPG
1997 Xantia TD SX £200 bargain
1993 Xantia DLX (now dead)

Then after a 10 year Citroenless gap

1995N Xantia Activa
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Nice and rare choice with the V6, LPG too!

It might be worth getting your C5 hooked up to a Lexia to see why its going into economy mode so early. It should be 20-30 minutes of power before this happens.

How far does the car sink when parked over night? If left for longer will it sit in the low position? I guess the suspension corrects itself as soon as you unlock the car? Though with an economy mode cutting in too early it might not.

Tyre noise is usually very subdued in C5s, you should only really hear any noticeable noise on the worst of surfaces, concrete. Does the noise change if you turn a corner? Can you pinpoint which wheel seems to be making the most noise.

It could well be a wheel bearing.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Allanxantia
My Cars:

Post by Allanxantia »

Will a lexia tell me why the economy mode is coming in?

Swapped the tyres around as there are mixed brands and there is still a general vague humming, hard to pinpoint so I suspect it might be tyres. I'll keep an eye on it.

Considering buying a lexia, would be handy to have, can always sell it on ebay when I sell the car.

Attempting timing belt at the weekend, it doesn't actually look to bad, wish me luck. Any tips for the belt on the V6?
2002 C5 V6 Exclusive auto LPG
1997 Xantia TD SX £200 bargain
1993 Xantia DLX (now dead)

Then after a 10 year Citroenless gap

1995N Xantia Activa
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Quite possibly, im not sure but the eco mode timings might be adjustable from the Lexia. Maybe someone else knows if it is?

Have you had a look around on the Lexia location topics to see if there is a FCF member nearby with a Lexia who is willing to give it a go?

Im not sure about the wheel noise, unless you have tyres which are very hard or a noisy tread then they are very quiet for road noise generally. Noisy surfaces through up more noise obviously. I find tyre make does have a good impact on road noise though.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
woodywoodpecker

Post by woodywoodpecker »

Citroenmad wrote:Quite possibly, im not sure but the eco mode timings might be adjustable from the Lexia. Maybe someone else knows if it is?

Have you had a look around on the Lexia location topics to see if there is a FCF member nearby with a Lexia who is willing to give it a go?

Im not sure about the wheel noise, unless you have tyres which are very hard or a noisy tread then they are very quiet for road noise generally. Noisy surfaces through up more noise obviously. I find tyre make does have a good impact on road noise though.
Citroenmad,
You are right eco mode can be set with lexia i did mine from 30mins to 60mins.
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Ah, there you go then. That would be quite handy actually.

Really need to get myself a lexia!There is a few things i want to do, and no doubt it will be very worthwhile having the amount of C5s we do. Plus the Xm, which is a very simple beast in comparison.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10