Xantia alarm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

matty

Xantia alarm

Post by matty »

Hi
Citroen xantia 1.9 sensation td 1999
The alarm goes off about every 40 minutes any idea where I can go to find why this happening is there a control or something?
Thanks
ringing ears
Jonesy
My Cars:

Post by Jonesy »

My '98 2.1 TD had a similar problem I've noticed from the service history. Main dealer found that the ultrasonics were at fault and replaced them.
Dont know if they have a bonnet switch, but had a similar problem on a 5 series BeeEm and that was a badly adjusted switch.
Hope this is some help!
surfer
My Cars:

Post by surfer »

Hi,
My '96 Xantia alarm always goes off after a couple of minutes unless the U/S are switched off. With the ignition off, press and hold the green alarm button on the dash; after a few seconds the alarm L.E.D. should illuminate. After you arm the alarm with the plip, it will function but only via the door switches. Always works for me, but you could argue that an alarm without interior sensing is of very limited use. After all, with U/S off but the deadlocks activated, any tea leaf is going to have to go through a window and in theory the alarm won't go off in that instance.
I believe earlier model Xantias have a bonnet switch but mine does not although the apperture where it would have been is still there.
Regards,
Simon.
Jon

Post by Jon »

We've discussed Xantia alrm problems quite a lot over the last year.
Heres some useful topics
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... ARM,XANTIA