BX Jack Plug - for rear passengers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PJ
My Cars:

BX Jack Plug - for rear passengers

Post by PJ »

Does any one know where I can get a Jack Plug to fit in the 12v auxiliary outlet in a BX - on the console between the front seats in the back of the car. The part no - (I believe - is ZC9865891U)
Thanks.
Paul.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

This is a (DIN?) socket and a special size, not commonly available in this country. We have an electrolux camping fridge which has a plug which fits this socket and also a cigar lighter socket (not Citroen!. The plug came with a plastic adaptor ring.
Probably the best solution is to replace it with a conventional cigar lighter socket. Curiously I was looking at a C3 (I think) at the weekend and on the centre console was the usual lighter and opposite it was a very neat covered socket with what looked like 12V on it. What size this socket was I don't know.
jeremy
PJ
My Cars:

Post by PJ »

Jeremy,
Yes, the idea of replacing it with a standard auxiliary 12v output (cigar lighter style) is an option - and probably the sensible option too!
A lot of new cars these days have 12v Auxiliary output sockets - these 'look' like cigar lighter sockets and will take the plethora of powered devices that fit in a cigar lighter socket. - They are however slightly different - you can't use a cigar lighter in it and they usually come with a plastic flip off cover.
Paul.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Yes I think Maplins may do one.
What I would like to know is 'Do Citroen drivers smoke bigger cigars and need bigger than standard lighters?' - or what is it they smoke?
jeremy
adrianeaton
My Cars:

Post by adrianeaton »

It's often referred to as a 'Bosch' socket - often found on data acquisition equipment!!
You should be able to buy adaptors that fit over a standard 'cigar lighter' fitting to convert it to the Bosch style fitting - it has a thinner bore, and can have an exposed contact ring around the outside of the base.
Picture here - try again, link didn't work:
http://www.rswww.com
and search for product code 266-0244
Adrian