C3 hatch unfinished?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rms

C3 hatch unfinished?

Post by rms »

Hi, just got a new C3 SX 1.4HDI 92 (including moduboard [:)]
While checking it over and removing the selling garages advert from the rear window, I noticed the hatch doesn't look finished!
There's a gap (4mm approx) between the glass and the metal at the top of the window on the inside, full width. The metal is painted but looks unfinished, as though there should be a trim over it.
If someone would be kind enough to have a look at theirs and let me know if there's a trim there I would be grateful.
Cheers,
Robin.
danielsydney
My Cars:

Post by danielsydney »

I have the 1.4 exclusive and there is a gap on my car also i think. At the back of them they are pretty rough looking and under the bonnet too.
The c3 finish is nice on outside but ordinary on the interior.
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

I'll check tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure my girlfriends C3 is the same. She's got the HDi 16v Exclusive with everything on, its a lovely car to drive but the interior trim is bloody awful. I have a burning desire to take wet and dry to all that dotty trim and smooth it all out!
Rob Marshall

Post by Rob Marshall »

I have to admit being involved with the C3 Plurial press testing.
The panel and paint quality was very bad, the skin on the rear hatch ended on the corners with sharp edges, and should have been bashed in with a bodywork hammer. The interior looked cheap. The paint turned to orange peel on any area out of immediate view. The trim was scuffing on the press car; and a piece of trim fell apart in the testers hands. Great design...thrown together.
Is Citroen the 21st Century BL?
Pity
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

Its a shame really, because the recent big Citroen's are very well built. Fit and finish on the late C5 I had was impeccable - the panel gaps were spot on, the paint was good and the interior was well screwed together with no rattles. Likewise the Xantia I've got, 10 years old and an early example but the materials and fit on the interior are fine.
The 2 Xsara's I had were also pretty well built bar an irritating rattle in one of them.
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

I agree Blueboy, the level of attention to detail on bigger Citroens is amazing in comparison to smaller ones.
The Xsara has multiple door seals, rubber bits on the edges of the dashboard and so on.
The C5 has nice felt seals round the doors too.
Whoever said that VW's have better build quality. If I remember correctly, the Phaeton dashboard plastic was similar to the C3!
Ben