Timing belt change Jumper / Relay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

philip17

Timing belt change Jumper / Relay

Post by philip17 »

Bonjour everybody,
Just registered for this forum so first posting.
I am going to change the timing belt and water pump on my Citroën Jumper (I believe it is called a Relay in the UK). It is a 2001 2.5tdi and is a motorhome. I have a repair manual for it similar to a Haynes but living here in France of course it is all in frogspeak, no problem generallt though with that.
What I would like to know is do I need to remove the top engine mounting to do the job as I can't find any mention of that in this french maual. I remember when I did a belt change on my old BX back in Wales many years ago I had to do that and this engine looks very similar.
Any advice please would be welcome.
Philip the campingcariste
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Welcome :)

Yes as far as I know: Jumper / Boxer (Peugeot) / Relay / Ducato (Fiat) are more or less the same.

I would suggest its likely yes as although this engine is different to the DW10 / XUD most if not all PSA diesels need the top mounting off for proper access to the timing belt. I don't have any specifics on this unit though, hopefully someone else will, and I've never done any work on one either apart from the odd oil change (all eight or nine litres of it)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
philip17

Post by philip17 »

Thanks for your reply Andy.
It's good that someone from Derby can respond positively to an old Forest fan (just joking) I prefer rugby really!