C5 2.2 SX ESTATE- loving it ..But!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Well if you find a way then let me know, though I think ebay is against people selling body parts :lol:

Ive never driven a Xsara, though they seem like great value for money cars and are bound to drive well going by what ive heard.

Yes, i can see the Berlingo Multispace being a very good family wagon. Its a shame AC was optional throughout, infact everything was optional wasnt it? Modutop, AC, alloys, fogs ...

I know my parents looked at the Picasso a few times when looking to replace the family car, but never warmed to it. The bought the Scenic, one after the other. Again, the Picasso makes idea family transport, and are such good vaule with the new C4 Picasso getting cheaper used now.

Im not as keen on the new generation Citroens, I like the C1, C4 Picasso and C6. However the new C4 is not a patch on the old version, the C5 seems to be going away from what a big Citroen should be. The C3 is ok.

I did think about going into car sales at one point, and working for Citroen selling them would of been rather nice!
trublu wrote:
I was trying to think if there was any Citroën i didnt like,then i remembered the .....C15!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: brakes not included! shocking.
So ive heard, but having one with 6 wheels and therefore 6 brakes does rather cure that issue! :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

For your temperature control problem(number 4) take a look at this thread:-

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ht=#241967
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
trublu

Post by trublu »

Car sales! would i do it again,..maybe.I was not your typical salesman,i was/am the laid back type,not hard to be as i'm an Aussie.But it really used to wind up the management! There is a particular way they wanted things done,but the whole idea of being someone's best friend for 20 minutes or until you realised they were not going to buy and then dropping them like a hot potato didn't sit well with me.

I proudly say that i was the one that never pushed people and they trusted me more than the others.Thinking back,alot of the conversation wasn't about whatever car, but just chatting! I made some good friends along the way. My figures were good,and again blowing my trumpet, my customer satisfaction stats were the highest at that place all the time i was there. I remember NOT selling a car to a young guy as he was going to get royally shafted by the business "manager" and he would've ended up in a financial mess.Boss wasn't happy tho,to bad.
I do remember selling a C5 1.8 Estate to a local and infamously known "gangster",and him coming back after about 3 months wanting to trade it for something else,and him literally chasing me around the showroom when I told him how much his car had depreciated!! (£ 3500 in 3 months)
trublu

Post by trublu »

Citroenmad, i noticed that in your fleet,you have a 1007. I left just after they came out.Really liked those alot.The one i drove felt rather solid and well built,another to add to my list!

Kevmayer, thank you for that link.I will check it out.
I'm taking the car to a mates workshop next week and will get it up on the hoist.Really need to have a good look around underneath.

On point 3.The interior light works fine,would it be wrong to assume that is on the same circuit as the 12v and height switch?
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I can imagine myself being like that as a sales person. Well i kind of work in sales now anyway. However, i know more about cars than anything else, would probably be a pretty good idea for a career. No idea how i would go about getting into that though.

Yes, thats a problem with C5s, depreciation, thankfully the proper C5s (C5i and C5II) are all at reasonable prices now, so depreciation doesn't need to be taken into account as much.

Yes, the 1007 is a really good car. If you dont take a look at one, it would be easy to forget it or discount it if you wanted a good small car. But it actually makes really good sense as its so versatile. The sliding rear seats make a good boot or legroom, depending on what you need. You sit up high which is idea for town driving, visibility is great too. For town work the 1.6 2-tronic like ours is pretty useful, essentially a automated manual gearbox, so you have the control to change the gears when you like, or just put it in auto mode, but with no clutch. Its a doddle to drive. The electric sliding doors really get some looks too, another quite good idea. It does drive well yes, it is secure on the road and for its height it doesnt lean too much. Nicely equipped too, id certainly recommend one to someone.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
trublu

Post by trublu »

Its not hard at all to get a job in car sales.Two things spring to mind,firstly I think that the company you work for is very important.I worked for a family run one and a major chain.I'd go for the family one every time.But you have to take each one individually.

Secondly, its a long term thing,as in do a good job first time,then repeat business is easier.I know a few guys did sell more than me, but i know for sure that they were never going to get repeat business and recommendations.

It can be very stressfull, for e.g.customer coming in Saturday morning to pick up brand new Picasso Exclusive, only to discover,that during Thursday night some yobs had lobbed two breeze blocks from 20ft onto the roof/windscreen! The "brand new" car went out on time! Or the customer, when looking at his brand new car, commented that it was the wrong colour! It was the morning of April 1st, he wasn't joking! Boss's mistake thankfully.Or when the valeters leave p**n mags in the boot and as you show the customers around and then open the boot :oops: or when someone takes a £50 k Range Rover for a very long and one way test drive! thankfully recovered soon after by police.I wasn't the salesman,phew!

There are some funny things as well, but my favourite is the time a gorgeous absolute stunner walked into the show room,she was just incredible,we found out that she was hounded by Max Power to be on cover etc,but she turned them down.way to classy for that, but getting back to the story,she walked in,the guys were literally pushing each other out of the way(like the scene in The Mask,Cameron Diaz!!!) but it was summer, so no need for the red dress :D ,anyway, boys fighting,coming out with the worst opening lines,was embarrassing,but the young lady walked over to me,i was sitting at my desk watching all this unfold, gave me a kiss on the cheek,took me by the hand led me out of the showroom and we went out to lunch! I got back to work and the guys were just "WTF!!" and that's being polite.twas a day i will never forget.... :D ,we are still together!
trublu

Post by trublu »

p.s I am intrigued by the 6 wheeled C15!! :o