C5 2.2 SX ESTATE- loving it ..But!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

trublu

C5 2.2 SX ESTATE- loving it ..But!!!

Post by trublu »

Hello everyone.
I am into the first month of owning my C5, and on the whole its going well....But i just have a few niggles that I would like to get sorted with your help and advice..,they are
1. CD player only plays cds when engine switched off, wont when motor running
2.No fuel consumption/mileage info on my Type B 2 line display.Could it be the stalk?
3.Rear suspension will not operate from boot switch,and both the 12v sockets don't work(cig lighter ok).It has a towbar fitted, thinking it could've been wired incorrectly.
4.Heating controls a bit weird,only warm air on drivers side when cranked up to the max,28!
5.I feel a vibration through the seat at about 60-75 mph, nothing felt through the wheel.
6.Rear window wont open in tailgate,but that's a summer job.Thinking on it,maybe thats linked with point 3!...mmmm

Any thoughts/advice would be great
Cheers
Tim
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Welcome to the FCF and to C5 ownership :)

I think i might be able to help with a couple of your questions.

1. Not sure why that would be, its an odd one.
2. The display should cycle through the trip computer settings with the press of the wiper stalk button. If its not then it probably is the stalk - not unknown. Someone has made a fix for this, steelcity i think it was.
3. Obviously something is amiss somewhere, could possible be linked to the 12v sockets, but equally as a result of a door switch problem. Not sure where to start looking for that.
4. There is a set of gears to operate the heater flaps, these can become worn and fail to operate the flaps, this causes the lack of heat. Some getstuck on heat, which is all you need in the middle of summer! There is a repair kit available from Citroen i think.
5.Probably a rear wheel out of balance. C5 wheels are quite difficult to balance, so im told, so it might just be that. Failing that, check the wheels are running straight with no buckles.
6. The wire for the switch for the rear hatch runs through the heated element, this usually always goes on the estate. You can run a wire from a power source to the switch, usually a neat and easy job. Again there is a thread somewhere explaining how you go about that.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
trublu

Post by trublu »

Thank you so much, appreciate that.
That's given me something to go on, and will search forum for fixes.

Just washed the car in the dark at 8.30! maybe i should be called "Citroenmad Jnr"! :lol:
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

No problem :)

:lol: Thats dedication to your car!
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
trublu

Post by trublu »

Yes, one proud owner! I used to sell them about 8/9 yrs ago,funny thing is that i know so much more about them now than when I was selling them!! :oops:
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Very nice, i wouldn't have minded that job :)
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
trublu

Post by trublu »

The job was ok,met alot of great people!...met some numpties too :lol: but big fan of Citroens because of it. Used to sit at my desk looking at the C5's trying to make my mind up whether i liked them or not! Really liked the Vtr's when they came out.I'm thinking of getting a V6 Exclusive for a "Sunday Toy" long term keeper etc,as they are getting cheap!
coolscan

Post by coolscan »

Hi trublu,

Point 3 - I'm sure I read on one forum that the 12v outlets and height switch are all on the same circuit. Fuse?

Regards, Coolscan.
trublu

Post by trublu »

G'day,
i was hoping that it was the fuse, but it looks fine.I will actually put in a new one anyway.never know. :o

It hasn't been an issue, just that i would like the car to be as good as it should be.
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

trublu wrote:The job was ok,met alot of great people!...met some numpties too :lol: but big fan of Citroëns because of it. Used to sit at my desk looking at the C5's trying to make my mind up whether i liked them or not! Really liked the Vtr's when they came out.I'm thinking of getting a V6 Exclusive for a "Sunday Toy" long term keeper etc,as they are getting cheap!
Yes that would be a nice plan, id like a V6 for the weekends too! Such good value and usually low mileage too. I might just get one at some point.

What year and spec is your C5 estate?
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
trublu

Post by trublu »

Its a 51 plate 2.2 SX in Ice Blue metallic. Its done 122k, probably paid about £150 to much, but its in really good condition, and after having spent a fruitless and frustrating few weeks looking at so many miss-described c5's, i just felt that this one was a good one. I just wish it had a sunroof,perfect!

V6 for about a grand,less than 60k! rude not to.
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Ive seen a good few tatty C5s when looking, as with any car, but there are people who cherish them and those are the ones to buy. Ive not had any real problems with any of mine.

Mine is ice blue, Icelandic Grey its called. I was unsure of the colour at first, but after having so many silver cars in a row i like the slight change! Nice colour though actually. At the moment, we have 4 C5s, everyone a slightly different shade of grey, we have the complete set of greys :lol:

Exactly, C5 V6s are looking very good sense!
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
trublu

Post by trublu »

That colour rings a bell! i should know. I do like the storm grey VTR's,alot.

I just love that its not what alot of people like,tis different,and its got characture.

Whilst selling them, i had the Xsaras and the Multispace(another future buy,in Mediterranean Blue,alloys,modutop,fogs etc- air con a must) as company cars, did have a 1.8 lx C5 estate for about 3 weeks,loved it.

My partner is looking for a Xsara , either a coupe,or 5dr,around the 2000-2003.
Listed below is what Citroens I would like to "collect" ,in no particular order.

1.Xsara Coupe VTR HDi 110,Wicked Red
2.Xsara Coupe VTS Black,Silver or Gold
3.Multispace 2.0 Hdi Med Blue,with Modutop,Alloys,Fogs and Aircon
4. C5 VTR HDi 110.Storm Grey,Artic Steel
5.C5 V6 Exclusive,Sunroof.Dark leather interior
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Hurricane grey! Our C5 estate is that colour, it is nice.

I think i might be able to help you out with a 2.0HDi 110 VTR! My Arctic steel hatch is for sale ... :lol:

I agree about the individuality and character of the C5.

Thats quite some list, you obviously likes Xsaras?
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
trublu

Post by trublu »

I have seen your one for sale,and am wondering which kidney to sell! its very very nice.
I do like Xsaras. I had a 2002 SX 110 HDi 5dr,which was really nice,was sad when that one was sold.I also had the VTR 11O hdi Coupe.that was fantastic! That thing could shift in a stealth type of way! We were also selling MG/Rover as well and i drove the MG ZS V6,and although it had the aceleration from start over the xsara,it was only a wee bit quicker(tried on my "test track" to and from work!) I remember driving from Bristol to Lake Windemere and just using about £11 in fuel,sitting on 85 mph,most of the way (travelling at night ,much less traffic)

The Vts,well wolf in sheeps clothing to the unknowing!! :shock:

But i have such a soft spot for the Multispace.All the boys laughed when I was told I was having one,but my kids were 2,3 and 4 yrs old at the time.it was perfect for us.The lads did borrow it for a night out and after that all of them were completely surprised at how good it was,and from then on they all had a reason to "need" the multispace!! I had three in my time there, and the only must have would be aircon,not alot of fun for rear passengers if you dont have it.

I was trying to think if there was any Citroen i didnt like,then i remembered the .....C15!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: brakes not included! shocking.

I do like the new range,but since they are way out of my price range,i just dont think about them much.But fabulous anyway.

Oh,the Picasso's!! really fab family car,much much better than a Scenic.I will add a Exclusive hdi to my list.

Maybe i should go and sell them again!