Xantia dash warning lamp

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

akojic
My Cars:

Post by akojic »

Thanks for info Paul! Is this sender possible to order, perhaps from Andyspares? I hope that you were not poinitng the lights that already exist in Xantias on pillar just behind drivers and passengers heads.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

No, new map reading lights I meant, not the 'central' interior light.
as for the washer sender, I got mine from a scrap XM as it was easier to get to, it is under the nearside front wing of a XM and just pulls out, but dont forget to remove the sealing ring from the washer bottle. I then just drilled a hole into my Xantia washer bottle and pushed it in, then run a cable to the dash for the warning bulb.
Paul
akojic
My Cars:

Post by akojic »

Small remark: nearside in UK is passenger side in rest of Europe! Anyhow, it doesn't affect the position of washing liquid bottle in Xantia, does it?
Why is sealing ring so important to remove? Doesn't it exist for instance on washer bottle on my Xantia? Sorry for being so "novice"!
Thanks
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Hi, you wont have a hole in your washer bottle, therefore, you will need to make one and you will have to fit the sealing ring before you can push in the sensor. The sensor is only a float really that drops when the water level drops and then makes contact when the level is to low.
regars
Paul