Synergie Tailgate Actuator...Any ideas on how to change?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Johny d

Synergie Tailgate Actuator...Any ideas on how to change?

Post by Johny d »

Hi folks, the boot on my Synergie isn't locking with the central locking like the rest of the doors. I believe it's relatively common for the tailgate actuator to go, i'm sourcing a replacement and i'm wondering whether it's a DIY job and if ther';s a 'How To' somewhere on this site.

Regards

John
Johny d

bump

Post by Johny d »

bump
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Hullo Johny d and welcome to FCF.

Common courtesy means you only need to post your query once, somebody will answer it in due course. Getting to the top of the pile does not achieve anything.

Have you tried searching the archive if you are in such a rush? :roll:

H
dave2011

Re: Synergie Tailgate Actuator...Any ideas on how to change?

Post by dave2011 »

Johny d wrote:Hi folks, the boot on my Synergie isn't locking with the central locking like the rest of the doors. I believe it's relatively common for the tailgate actuator to go, i'm sourcing a replacement and i'm wondering whether it's a DIY job and if ther';s a 'How To' somewhere on this site.

Regards

John
hi johny. dead easy.i was messing with the tail gate on mine today as the boot lock was siezed.........lol.there is a number of clips and twist locks in the tail gate pannel that twist with a flat screw driver to undo......turn them with a screw driver and carefully prize off the unseen clips of the pannel.once removed there is a small black solenoid box inside the left hand side of the tailgate screwed in place with 2 stardrive screws.....unsure of size but pretty small. reach inside the tailgate and disconnect the wireing from the solenoid.plug connector.....then unscrew the 2 star drives the hold it to the inner pannel of the boot door then lift the solenoid though the innerskin of the tail gate and unlatch the connecting rod from the boot handle...... :) sorted.when fitting the new one connect the rod from solenoid to the boot handle first before screwing it back in place. job done. 8-)