Getting more in

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

Getting more in

Post by tomsheppard »

The BX estate is wonderful but a little small sometimes[:)]
I had to shift some 3 metre ling stuff recently. The front seat came out most obligingly but I had to remove the rear cushion as well. It is only a pair of nuts to spin off. I will replace them with wing nuts to make it easier next time. The torx driver is standard equipment in the golve box. NB how do you double the size of a BX glovebox? You clean it out with a cotton bud[:o)]
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Quite easy we've found.
Just drop the lid a bit hard when you open it & as it splits off at the hinges, it makes it a lot easier to have things in there but hanging out near the passemgers knees.[:o)][:o)]
Alan S [}:)]
mark_sp

Post by mark_sp »

Tom
what was wrong with the roof rack ?
and anyway as long as you can fit a pair of gloves in the glove box there really is no cause for complaint, is there ?
mark_sp
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I don't have the cross bars for the roof rack yet and besides, the load is more secure inside the car. It is a good bit cheaper and quieter to carry as well, Roof mounted luggage burns fuel and makes a lot of racket!
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

If it makes racket then strap it down a bit better!! 5canoes and 4 compression straps and there aint a noise (once you drive 2miles get out and duct tape the aerial to the roof!).
But seriously, i keep looking at the minute sixe of the glove box and have to wonder about all the space above the glove box. Am i right in thinking that some european BX had an upper glove box?? Still its big enough to get everything i need in it.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

You're right, Vanny - the glove box on LHD BXs locates into an aperture on the top of the dash. Unfortunately as it's moulded to the contours of the "wrong" side of the dash for RHD cars, there's not much chance of retrofitting one, though a DIY job could be done.
David
algieuk

Post by algieuk »

Small glove box on a BX !!!!!!!. I need 4 Xantia boxes to get the same stuff in as I used to carry in my BX. Like a ballroom by comparison :)
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Huh you think the BX glove box is small, try a Xantia, the only gloves that fit in there would be for a one armed midgit:-))
Pete
________
NEVADA MEDICAL MARIJUANA
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:36, edited 1 time in total.