Lexia 3 issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mongoose100
My Cars:

Lexia 3 issues

Post by mongoose100 »

Just got my chinaman Lexia 3, however after installing, I attempt to fire it up and it says that it cant be started because interface isn't plugged into USB port or is being used by something else - it is plugged in!

Any ideas, as I am now lost!
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6
1994 Citroën Xantia 1.9TD
seroyen
My Cars:

Post by seroyen »

mongoose100, do you see the green light indicator on the hardware after plugging in? If you do, does it show that it is installing new hardware? Check the device manager and make sure it is listed. You can see the difference in the list by unplugging the device and plugging it back in.

To launch lexia, the diagnostic device has to be plugged in, but the other end going to the car's OBD socket is not necessary. You can also try to change to another USB port, give it 1 minute to install the drivers first then launch lexia again.

Good luck!
Citroen C5 Mk I (2005), 2.0i 16V SX
mongoose100
My Cars:

Post by mongoose100 »

seroyen wrote:mongoose100, do you see the green light indicator on the hardware after plugging in? If you do, does it show that it is installing new hardware? Check the device manager and make sure it is listed. You can see the difference in the list by unplugging the device and plugging it back in.

To launch lexia, the diagnostic device has to be plugged in, but the other end going to the car's OBD socket is not necessary. You can also try to change to another USB port, give it 1 minute to install the drivers first then launch lexia again.

Good luck!
Hi, yes, light comes on, have tried 2 PC's without luck from either. It gives me the option of installing device software from a CD but then refuses to do so
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6
seroyen
My Cars:

Post by seroyen »

Hello again,

The diagnostic tool will not work with lexia unless the drivers are installed. Is Windows telling you that the driver could not be installed or that it could not be found? You can try pointing Windows to the APPLIC folder located in your local disk during driver installation.
Citroen C5 Mk I (2005), 2.0i 16V SX
mongoose100
My Cars:

Post by mongoose100 »

seroyen wrote:Hello again,

The diagnostic tool will not work with lexia unless the drivers are installed. Is Windows telling you that the driver could not be installed or that it could not be found? You can try pointing Windows to the APPLIC folder located in your local disk during driver installation.
Up and running!!!

Showed a fault that I didn't want to see tho,
Driver airbag open circuit :( Is that the little ribbon connector stuffed?
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

No. Just a dodgy connector.
mongoose100
My Cars:

Post by mongoose100 »

addo wrote:No. Just a dodgy connector.
Not knowing too much bout bags, can you point me to where I would find that connecter?
Many thanks
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6