economy dropping off

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lussasgraham
My Cars:

economy dropping off

Post by lussasgraham »

Hi all over the last month or so my c5 2.2 hdi has gone from averaging 7.3l/100km to nearly 9l/100km .It is about to get an oil/air filter /fuel filter service .There is no warnings or other probs that i know of,
Any ideas?
thanks all
c5 2,2hdi 2oo2 190,000miles and going strong except it needs a bloody intercooler now-just had a new one fitted and the power has returned!-fap jetwash next
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Fuel + air filter are a good place to start, I would of suggested those regardless of model if you had not mentioned them.

Fuel filter more likely to cause low power than lack of economy although blocked air filter can cause smoke but what with the emission controls it may not show up like that, ultimately you need fuel + air filters to be good as a starting point regardless of engine type. :)

Worth looking around for leakage too, although this is unlikely I would guess as if you had a leak on the low pressure side (HP leaks would be obvious and very dangerous!) , a leak on the low pressure side would probably show itself by either the smell or signs on of it, ie drips.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG