Battery storage ??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Porkyblader
My Cars:

Battery storage ??

Post by Porkyblader »

Hello all my dispatch van is not being used during the week at the moment so was wondering if it would cause any problems to the van ecu etc..if it was removed & stored inside in the warm as the cold is slowly killing it ???
Gingerposer
My Cars:

Post by Gingerposer »

It should survive the cold unless it is already past it's best. Do you have any way of connecting it to a trickle charger ( I said trickle, not tickle) and keeping it charged on the car?
Porkyblader
My Cars:

Post by Porkyblader »

If tickling will help then i'll give it a go.... :wink: .the battery is kept on trickle charge using a Halfords charger which also drops to maintenance tickle mode when charged but still a bit slow on the cranking when I try to start it but usually just about fires into life then fine for the day with good cranking speed,the battery probably is on its way out but guess trying to postpone the inevitable as still in January tight arse mode!!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yep, certainly sounds like the battery is a bit feeble. I regularly leave two of my cars for two and three weeks at a time between runs and no problems at all, although they are petrols...

The only other thought is if there's something discharging the battery, like say, a glove box light staying on or something.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...