Angry @ Dealers !!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hdi_man
My Cars:

Angry @ Dealers !!!

Post by hdi_man »

I am NOT happy at Citroen so far...here why....

2 year old C5, flashing up "suspension fault" , into the dealers it goes, apparently it needs new steering rack and pump !

car went in on Tuesday, it took until Thursday until Citroen UK approved the work under warranty and parts then could be ordered....

now I am told the Pump is on back order and 3rd Feb is the earliest....BUT....since I am not in Citroen assist (whatever that is), I cannot get courtesy car !!!!!!!!!1

so their car that I paid for breaks and I am left car less for 2 weeks !!!!
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

pity your not with the RAC they loan cars to members when their car has to go for repairs. might be worth paying membership for £32.00
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
hdi_man
My Cars:

Post by hdi_man »

actually I'm in the AA...may change to the RAC as that seems good !
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

But your car is still under warranty, how can they not give you a loan car! Id be complaining and demanding one, certainly wouldnt go back to that dealer.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:pity your not with the RAC they loan cars to members when their car has to go for repairs. might be worth paying membership for £32.00
You dont get the hire car for that price, thats just the basic membership.
The AA also do the replacement car option aswell called stay mobile which you can add to your membership.
BTW Citroen assist is the breakdown cover that comes with new Citroens which you have the option of extending when it runs out & it's currently provided by the AA.
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

When I had Citroen assist for my C3, the dealer would not recover the car for me, I always had to ring Green Flag to get them to recover it.

I only once had a replacement car (C3 was at Dealers lots of times), and that was a hire car provided by Citroen assist, but they only give you it for 3 days. After that the hire car company wanted it back. I spoke to the Dealer, who would not give me a car, and they told me I should have the hire car as long as mine was away.

I had a large bill for the extended hire That the Dealer said I should not have to pay, but eventually I had to. And more eventually the Dealer apologised and paid me back.

After that I never renewed my Citroen assist and have only ever had basic AA membership since.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I almost bought a second hand C5 hatch from a local dealer, Springfield Citroen in Gateshead.
On the test drive the salesman said that it came with a year's Citroen Assist and would be recovered from anywhere in the country and a replacement car supplied while it was out of commission.
Not even a new car. Three years old IIRC.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

mooseshaver wrote:When I had Citroën assist for my C3, the dealer would not recover the car for me, I always had to ring Green Flag to get them to recover it.
It's not actually the dealers that recover the cars, it's whoever is providing citroen assist at the time, it used to be green flag a few years ago but the AA have been doing it for at least the last 2 years.
myglaren wrote:I almost bought a second hand C5 hatch from a local dealer, Springfield Citroën in Gateshead.
On the test drive the salesman said that it came with a year's Citroën Assist and would be recovered from anywhere in the country and a replacement car supplied while it was out of commission.
Not even a new car. Three years old IIRC.
You can also get Citroen assist cover on aproved used cars bought from dealers.
Normaly citroen assist organise the 1st 3 days car hire & after that if it is a warranty fault then citroen warranty should extend the car hire.
stevenc75

Post by stevenc75 »

I'm suprised at this. I'd expect a loan car in that situation and if I didn't get one I would be furious. Have you tried contacting Citroen UK customer services?
hdi_man
My Cars:

Post by hdi_man »

hopefully sorted out now, I am getting a hire car today until the C5 is fixed. I am just annoyed at how long Citroen UK have taken to approve the warranty work and also the hire car.

the dealer informs me they have never replaced a steering rack under warranty before and this is a rare problem. I hope I have no morw trouble.

Regarding Citroen assist, it has to be renewed every year, I bought the car at 1.5 years old and didn't know about it so didn't renew it
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

I stoppped RAC when I found ADAC for whole of europe including car and medical repatriation for me and spouse cost 89 euros.

And if you break down here the AA comes.

Not sure if that includes courtesy car. I will check and get back to you.
C'est pas possible!
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Despite us always having Citroens we have never needed to go back to the dealers for any work, so im not sure what their practice is for loan cars, but that does seem very odd.

Ive had a load of loan cars in the past, Renaults, Kias, Peugeots, Vws, Seats. All were freely available and for the slightest of work. Ive always been impressed with dealers willingness of giving loan cars.

I had one loan car for 3 months, covered many thousand miles without them bothering. I could often have the pick of what sized loan car I had or if a new car was out I could put my name down for that model of car when i was due a loan car.

Though it does say something about the dealers and the cars that ive had so many loan cars.

Hopefully you have it sorted out now and you can avoid dealing with useless dealers for a while
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
THELABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THELABMAN »

When I bought my 1st Citroen, a BX 1.6 TGS, many years ago now it came with a 12 month AA warranty and 12 months AA membership that gave you a higher car when it was in the car getting repaired.

However that was their get out jail clause "Getting Repaired" it didn't cover you if it was off the road waiting on spare parts being brought into the country like mine was for almost 8 weeks, they pulled the plug on me after two days when they found it wasn't being worked on.... an electronic module for the distributor had gone and there was none in the UK at all... I was disgusted as it was the type of action you expected from a fly by night warranty company not the AA.
Citroen C5 2.0 HDI SX Hatchback - 2002 (52)
Xantia Sensation 1.9TD (T) Mallard Green (Gone to the breakers)