C5 facelift suspension..why does it do that?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lucklesspedestrian

C5 facelift suspension..why does it do that?

Post by lucklesspedestrian »

Hi there

I've noticed since I bought my 2007 C5 1.6HDi VTR hatch a month or so ago that when I unlock it in the morning the suspension lowers and then by the time I'm in the driver's seat I can hear the pump (motor?) and the car raises again slightly.

Any idea why it does that? Seems a bit pointless and a drain on power unless it's a fault?

I've checked the manual and it does not seem to mention this as a design feature.

Cheers
Steve
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Re: C5 facelift suspension..why does it do that?

Post by mooseshaver »

lucklesspedestrian wrote:Hi there

I've noticed since I bought my 2007 C5 1.6HDi VTR hatch a month or so ago that when I unlock it in the morning the suspension lowers and then by the time I'm in the driver's seat I can hear the pump (motor?) and the car raises again slightly.

Any idea why it does that? Seems a bit pointless and a drain on power unless it's a fault?

I've checked the manual and it does not seem to mention this as a design feature.

Cheers
when you unlock the car it checks the height and adjusts as required. It can be too high because when you last used it you got out the car, making less weight so the load was lighter, and before the car can adjsut you locked the door. Does that make snese I am being quick as cant type much.
its normal.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
lucklesspedestrian

Post by lucklesspedestrian »

thanks, yes that makes sense, and then I'm guessing that when my fat a**e plonks itself down in the seat the car then has to raise the suspension back up again to compensate for the tonnage now weighing it down?
Steve
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

yes, and everytime you open or close a door it checks the height (so if you have an estate, and use the button in the back to raise or lwoer the rear, it will return to its normal height just because you closed one of the rear doors, anoying)

I have heard is said that it checks the ride height every ten seconds also, but this must be when you are driving becasue when stopped mine take longer than 10 secodn to adjsut height at traffice lights and such.

The height wont change when the foot brake is on. Or at least on hard.
As you get used to the car you can time it right and say out loud "Rise!" or "Sit", depending on if it sgoing to rise or lower. It amuses my wife. OR it amuses my wife that I still think its funny.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.