Electro valve picture

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Electro valve picture

Post by Deanxm »

Hi all has anyone got a photo of a hydractive 2 electro valve in peices, ive done something silly and ruined my order and now im not sure if its internals are back in right as it wont click, just buzzing, thanks

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

seems i have mastered the black art of the fcf search function http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... tch+spring and it is put together correctly but no clicking, is it the stiffness regulator that clicks or the electrovalve itself?

The electrovalve isnt in the hydractive block, i just plugged it back into the loom to see if it was working ok still.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

The click is probably the sound of the centre steel armature being pushed forward against the big spring to block off the low pressure return port.

If you're not getting a click it may be because the diode is faulty. But, having said that, I think you'd still get a 'click' even with a faulty diode. So, the lack of a 'click' must be due to something else like no hydraulic pressure or a lack of power supply.

If you measure the supply I think you get 12 volts for 5 secs to give the initial switch and then 3 volts ongoing to hold the valve in the switched position.
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Thanks Kev, voltage is good and the car has the diode repair box on it, the electrovalve is sat in my hadm its not on the car at all i just plugged it in to see what happened and althoug it buzzes it doesnt click like the back one although to be fair there is pressure in the back one.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Jim has a similar thread somewhere but essentially:
KevMayer wrote:The small spring, I'm pretty sure, is important to push the spindle forward in soft mode so it seats in the leak off port to stop LHM leaving via this port.

I've found that if you give the small spring a stretch, so its about 50% longer when relaxed, that this improves the plugging action.
Is the important bit.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

The electrovalve will give the familiar buzzzz sound when the 3 volts is applied to hold the valve in the switched position. The 3 volts is a chopped 12 volt.

So, if you get a buzzz but not an initial click then it sounds to me that there may be a problem with the way the valve has been put back together. Is it possible that the steel armature isn't moving? Is the large spring in the correct position?
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

yep all put together as it should be and i gave the small spring a bit of a stretch too, i will put the whole lot back together tomorrow and test it then, i think its because there just isnt any pressure being fed to the valve as its not connected, ive put air through it and it doesnt seem to leak and is opening and closing so it must be working, just silently.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92