citroen or Peugeot you decide

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

willy,

if you want to run on veg oil try sourcing some waste veg oil and allocating some shed space to a filter system, but you will need a car built before 1998 and a bosch fuel pump (defo not an HDi) they are not compatable fuel systems. unless your intent on making bio-diesel out of the waste veg oil.
my filter rig cost me around £175 and paid for itself in three months I later added a heat exchanger, non-return valve and a 4 to 7 psi electronic fuel pump another £100 altogether to my S2 xantia, I even have to pay for my waste oil but it still only works out at 33 pence a litre to run the car all summer long in the winter below 10 degrees C I need to add either 10% petrol or 35% diesel to stop the oil freezing, petrol is better because less precipitants drop out of the oil in the fuel tank, you will need to change your oil filters about every three to five months and clean the tank filter out probably once a year, plus more frequent oil changes, lots more info here

www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum

regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
brmartyn
My Cars: Citroen C8

Post by brmartyn »

I'm sticking to Citroen. I'll be updating the Xantia in a few months time and I think I'll be going for the C4 1.6 diesel VTR.
Brady

Citroen C8 2.2 HDI Exclusive 2006/06

Previous French cars -
Renault Megane Tourer 2004/54 1.9 DCI Privilege
Citroen Xantia 1998/S 2.0 16v Exclusive Automatic
Renault Laguna Sports Tourer Dymanique 2001/51
Citroen Saxo VTR 2000/W