picasso brake lights stuck on?? getting fed up now!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

picasso brake lights stuck on?? getting fed up now!!!!!

Post by deano1970 »

ok,
coming home tonight i noticed the brake lights were stuck on on my car. if i put my foot under the brake pedal and lift it up,the lights go out,so it must just need adjusting. can anyone tell me how hard or easy it is to do this? any help would be much appreciated. getting fed up with this picasso now........should have kept my xantia......thanks for helping :D
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

If its like some of the other PSA models, (206's especially like to fall out as they are on the passenger side even when a switch is on the drivers side) then its just held in by friction on its sleeve. Your's might be on the passenger side too (I'm not sure)

Having located said switch:

Depress the brake pedal (by hand) and press the switch in, wiggle the switch a bit carefully and if its the correct type it should move 'down' , mind your fingers.

Then press the brake pedal a few times to 'seat' the switch correctly. Test its operation (if you are on your own look at the reflection in something if needed)

If its not that design then it might just be a pair of nuts to adjust it on its thread.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG