Xantia keypad problem.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citro-geoff
My Cars:

Xantia keypad problem.

Post by citro-geoff »

The keypad on my sister in laws Xantia Estate is playing up. When the ignition is turned on,there is a red and a green light on (red at the top,green at the bottom) When the code is put in the red one stays red.I know the correct code is being put in as this car was mine,and I coded it myself when I owned it,and it was fine for almost a year,until my sister in law bought it,and the battery went flat.Since then it hasn't been able to be started.I have been told that there is a way to by pass the keypad with a special code,and the pull the plug off it,but the engine has to be running to do this.Any help would be great,as this happened a cou[ple of days after it had just got a new mot for the year.
Thanks,
Geoff
Last edited by citro-geoff on 16 Jan 2011, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
1995 Citroen ZX TD Memphis
1996 Citroen Xantia VSX AthenaTD Estate
1985 2CV Charleston ( Awaiting full restoration)
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I'd remove your email or you might end up with spam.

To clarify there is NO special code to do that.

A red and green illuminated at the same time indicates 'no signal' between the keypad and fuel pump (diesel) or ECU (petrol)

The usual cause is slight corrosion on the engine bay multiplugs. If this is like the 406, there are two near the battery, great big round black plugs, unscrew them and inspect them.

It can be disabled on most models but you *must* have it actually working first with a green light. This applies to petrol engines, diesels can be done away with, with a bit of work.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Have you checked basics like all the fuses & checked that the inertia switch hasnt been triped ? Poor gearbox earth connections can also cause this fault.