remote locking fob?? picasso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

remote locking fob?? picasso

Post by deano1970 »

I have a picasso,It came with only two hard keys( no fob) and in winter and the dark,it's a pain not having remote locking. Anyway, I bought this item off ebay,check it out item number 320627554423.....Anyway,the fob has arrived today and it does not work on my car as the auction states. And thinking about it,if it did,I could have just bought a second hand one for a few quid and got the same result?? I bought this cos it said it has the electronics and coding instructions to program it to my vehicle,not the case? guy has pretty good feedback,but I think this cannot be done here,he is in th us.....should I send back and ask for a refund? any ideas?? cheers,dean :oops:
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

It looks like the right one for an early Picasso (eg pre 2004). I doubt however, that you can program it without a Lexia and the code card for the car. Whereabouts are you - someone may have a Lexia they could wave over it (see Lexia locations. If you haven't got the code card (it came with the car and has a 4 digit code on it), you will need to talk to your local helpful dealer.
Richard W
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Is it the same as the C5/Xsara coding method?

Put the ignition key in the column lock. Press one of the buttons on the remote and simultaneously turn the key to the ignition position. Let go of the button and remove key. Test lock/unlock buttons.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​