Hydraulic system pressure gauge?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stepto1
My Cars:

Hydraulic system pressure gauge?

Post by Stepto1 »

With all the issues we seem to have with the hydraulic systems on French cars, has anyone ever considered fitting a pressure gauge? I have a blank gauge on my dashboard where one would fit nicely. Also there are some neat little digital readouts. Any thoughts?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

To be honest, I'd not be keen about having a small pipe carrying LHM at 170 bar to a gauge on my dash. Just imagine if it burst. Unlikely but in an accident say?

An electrically operated one would be excellent!

Such a gauge is available for service use. It tees into the line from the pressure regulator up to the security valve and can be very useful indeed for taking the guesswork out of pressure problems where either the pump or regulator may be the culprit.

Also, on Hydractive cars, the main-line pressure is critical to endure the Hydractive electrovalves operate properly.

As the system ages, the regulated pressure will fall due to the springs in the regulator weakening; they then need reshimming to restore the correct cut-in and cut-out pressures.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stepto1
My Cars:

Post by Stepto1 »

It was a remote readout with an electric sender I had in mind. Same as the ones used to show engine oil pressure. Sure a sender and display would be quite cheap?