C8 OFFSIDE SIDELIGHT

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alden
My Cars:

C8 OFFSIDE SIDELIGHT

Post by alden »

AM I RIGHT I THINKING THAT I NEED TO TAKE OFF THE WHOLE UNIT TO ACCESS THE BULB AND IF SO HOW AS I CAN ONLY FIND TWO BOLTS (ONE AT TOP AND ONE AT SIDE NR TO BONNET CATCH :evil: :evil: :evil:
BX 19 TRS
C5 SX EST 2.2
C8 2.0 SX
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

Chances are is that the lower bolt is hidden out of sight by the bumper which would need removing in order to gain access to it, not clever! but i don't ever recall seeing anyone having to remove the bumper to change a bulb (not even on c5's which are awkward), generally a bit of cursing is involved but I'm pretty sure they're accessible with out removing the headlight (a small mirror & a torch will help see into the back of the headlight unit).

Unfortunatly the c8 is one of those cars i always found to be a pain to work on, even filling the engine oil up is a pain!
Music keeps me going.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

quintet wrote:Unfortunatly the c8 is one of those cars i always found to be a pain to work on, even filling the engine oil up is a pain!
OT a bit but my top tip for filling the oil on a C8 is to undo the little 8mm bolt on the remote filler neck & squeeze the hose clip thing off & just push a small funnel into the rubber pipe, makes it a whole lot easier, its much quicker & saves clearing up all the spilled oil that has gurgled back & spilled all down the engine.

I would agree, you dont need to remove the headlamp to replace any of the bulbs in the headlamp assembly on a C8.
alden
My Cars:

c8

Post by alden »

quintet

many thanks blagged it today you was right about the cursing and swearing. :taz: a few cuts and scrapes later and alls good :D :clap:
BX 19 TRS
C5 SX EST 2.2
C8 2.0 SX
swervo

Re: C8 OFFSIDE SIDELIGHT

Post by swervo »

Does anyone have any tips on this please?

I can find the back of the light but there aren't any wires or any obvious way of releasing the bulb.
The rear of the light feels like a small rectangular box which is part of the unit.

Any advice warmly received. Thanks.
Citroen C8 2.0SX Hdi auto
Previously (ZX 1.9D estate auto, BX, and a GS)
alden
My Cars:

Re: C8 OFFSIDE SIDELIGHT

Post by alden »

spring clip holding in the housing, release this and bulb is loose to slide out.
BX 19 TRS
C5 SX EST 2.2
C8 2.0 SX