Questions for Lexia 3 users

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

It does seem a bit hit and miss. If you can get a recommendation then that's about the best you can do. I've bought interfaces for the A Class and the Citroen directly from the same chinese supplier.

The Merc interface was ordered Saturday night and delivered Wednesday from Hong Kong using DHL.

Steve.
not applicable
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

Mine also arrived in 5 days and I was given the DHL tracking number, from which I was able to follow
the shipment with the event, location and time stamp information 8-)

I installed the software from CD and everything worked fine. I didn't change display resolution of my laptop.
It has default display resolution of 1680 by 1050 pixels and Lexia works fine (Windows XP) :D
It seems that "Vehicle Selection" window maximizes and the "Diagnosis" dialog window has fixed
height and width as seen in pic below (click to enlarge):

Vehicle Selection partially cut (click to enlarge):

C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
deuchebleu
My Cars: xxxxxxxxxx

Post by deuchebleu »

I started this thread so I thought I'd resurrect it. I've finally got around to getting my clone Lexia; it arrived Saturday so I've spent today installing it and trying it out. It seems to work fine; amazing the things you can see and do. However I have a couple of further questions, the first one is probably easy to answer but the second may not be. Hopefully somone will know the answer.
1. I bought the 4 lead kit so no cars before 2001, but I'm curious as to what the lead with 2 croc clips for the battery and a 2 pin plug labelled K and L is for. This has the opposite gender to the EOBD plug and obviously plugs onto it. This only then leaves the 2 pin plug to put somewhere.
2. When I first got this car I fitted a USB box which emulates the CD changer and I had to get the BSI reconfigured to enable it. I had a Citroen indie do this after the main dealer failed miserably to do it even insisting it couldn't be done. Anyway I was probing around today trying to figure out how this was done with no success. Anyone know? Under Equipment I found a CD changer menu but on entering the only 2 options were Installation and Uninstallation. I tried Installation thinking it might come up with an options menu but it just tried to download to the BSI apparently succeeding too. Oh bu66er I thought, maybe I've just wiped it out but no, it all still works fine. I was then reluctant to try the Uninstallation. I seem to recall the indie telling me it had to be changed in 2 places. I'm just curious really. Does anyone know where this is done?

Regards
John
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

Sounds like the same set of leads I have. The 2 pin plug labelled K and L is a can-bus connection, presumably for cars prior to OBDC.

I first installed the lexia software on an old XP laptop which has a battery life of about 10 minutes so I had to run a mains extension to the car. Then I tried installing it on my windows 7 laptop using windows virtual PC in XP mode (Linky- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtua ... fault.aspx ) not expecting much sucess but it works fine. Bear in mind if anyone tries it that in XP mode there is a menu at the top to attach USB devices, the lexia shows up as 'unidentified device'
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

You enable the CD changer in BSI and also in the multifunction display. The multifunction display is the radio & CD players master ECU.
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

miked wrote:Sounds like the same set of leads I have. The 2 pin plug labelled K and L is a can-bus connection, presumably for cars prior to OBDC.
Not so. CAN Bus makes OBDC obsolete not the other way around :-)
I suspect that the two leads refer to OBDC L Bus and K bus both of which I believe emanate from the engine ECU and will be found on the 16 way socket as well. Earlier cars notably the XM S1 had access to diagnostics via individual connectors under the bonnet these are probably for that.

cachaciero
2006 Toyota Prius T Spirit
2001 2.2 C5 Exclusive SE
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto VSX
1995 XM 2.1 TD Auto SX died @ 140K
1987 CX 2.5 Gti Turbo II dead
1984 Ford Scorpio
1981 CX 2.4 Pallas Auto
Renault 21
1220 GS Club
Rover P6 2000TC
deuchebleu
My Cars: xxxxxxxxxx

Post by deuchebleu »

Ah, Thanks. I didn't think of looking in the multifunction display. Obvious now that you have pointed it out. I'll have another play at the weekend.
I suspected the K/L lead was for a k line multiplexer connection but curious as to what cars had that method of connection. Obviously pre-EOBD.

I notice that the Lexia has a measurement function where it can be used as an oscilloscope needing the addition of a 'measurement card'. The Peugeot Planet has the same but it is shown as a module with leads to plug in somewhere. Anybody any experience of these units and if they are available from clone manufacturers. If it could be used as a scope as well it would increase its usefulness.

John
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

How is everyone finding their chinexias?

Also has anyone used it to program key fobs? If so HOW?

INCIDENTALLY>>>>

Chinese sellers ftp website
Come to think would this be legit? If not moderator, can you delete.
C'est pas possible!
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

boristhespie wrote:Also has anyone used it to program key fobs? If so HOW?
I'm working on that at the moment.

I originally tried to reprogram a S/H key fob after getting a blade cut and changing it over. That didn't work of course as the transponder chip is a one time programmable device.

I managed to buy a new transponder chip but in the meantime my beloved wife has tidied the key fob away and has no idea where it is. Six weeks later the brand new transponder chip is still sitting on the mantlepiece waiting!
boristhespie wrote:Chinese sellers ftp website
How DID you find that! :roll:
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​