Zx Aura TD...locked out of boot

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AthlonZX
My Cars:

Zx Aura TD...locked out of boot

Post by AthlonZX »

Hi everyone
Was just doing a little anti-rattle work in my zx (stuffing blue-tac and bits of foam down various dashboard seams), when I found myself locked out of the boot on my ZX [:0]. I've tried spraying it with releasing fluid, and operating the lock both manually and by central locking and I just cant get in [:(]. I read in the car's history that it had a problem with the boot lock which was dealt with by the AA via a temporary repair...and no mention of it being properly fixed
I did hear something metallic drop inside the boot on one of the lock attempts which also makes me wonder. Any ideas on what I parts I'm gonna need, and how I'm gonna get in? [B)]
Cheers
Athlon ZX (Dave, Derby UK)
Citroen ZX Aura K-1993 116274 [:)] miles
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Not knowing the details of the ZX boot design - I'd suggest you try fold down the rear seats for access to the boot - then strip the boot door from inside for access to the lock mechanism.
AthlonZX
My Cars:

Post by AthlonZX »

I'm in [:D]. Quite a bit of fun as I couldnt remove the parcel shelf at all.
Found the offending metallic item that fell off inside, it's all come to bits to it looks like I'm going to need a new lock mechanism [B)]. Can I buy one of those just for the boot, or am I going to wind up replacing all the locks?
Cheers
AthlonZX (Dave, Derby UK)
Citroen ZX Aura TD K-1993 116274 [:)] miles
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Once gave the advice for a BX owner - with a dodgy drivers door lock cylinder - that he may need a full lock set [:o)][:o)][:o)]
Obviously I was wrong [:I]
The local Cit dealer was capable of delivering a new lock cylinder - ready prepared for the existing key - a real nice service [^]
I think you should try your Cit dealer - donno what info he needs for the key/cylinder - but you'll see.
It may not be cheap - but should be cheaper than a complete lock set - and you still have the comfort of 1 key accessing all the locks and only the work of replacing 1 lock.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

you just need to know the make of the lock VALEO/SIMPLEX.just take the key you want to fit the lock with you and they should be able to build the lock up while u wait.the key number is read from the key profile.