Xantia heater problem - help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ace131
My Cars:

Xantia heater problem - help

Post by ace131 »

My boyfriend just replaced the heater blower on my Xantia S reg diesel with a second hand one. The new blower works fine, but I only get a trickle of air through the vents, even on full. He has taken it off again and made sure the flaps are open. What's going on? It's freezing cold now and I can't demist the windscreen or warm my tootsies :(
Can any one help? Thanks :)
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

Check if the blower unit is fitted properly, although from what I can remember from having fitted one-it is impossible not to fit it correctly, because the screws cannot be replaced otherwise. Check the Heater control section also, in case one of the control(s) wires are not engaging properly.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Did your man fit one off a Peugeot? They look the same but spin the other way.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you beet me to it Adam,

even though the fan spinz the wrong direction you can still use the speed control module which is mounted in the motor cover/lid, just fit that to with the original motor, as 9 times out of 10 the motor itself is fine,

the other thing to check with low blow is the pollen fillter, if its clogged it with reduce the blow as its inbetween the air in and the fan impeller,

regards malcolm