picasso petrol missfire

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bick

picasso petrol missfire

Post by Bick »

Hi all,

I have an 05 picasso 1.6 8v petrol with a misfire at tickover.

It is not a constant one and will tickover happily for a while then stumbles and pick back up again. It is made worse by loading the engine with lights and heaters.

when sitting at a junction if I turn the steering wheel only slightly it slows the engine down a touch and then it start hunting (revs up down up down) and the headlights go up and down and the engine starts surging.

Apart from this it runs perfect and gives good MPG.

The Citroen dealer has had a look at it many times and to be honest it is much better than it was. They are saying they all do that sir and can do no more!

Being a mechanic my self (HGV one) this does not seem right to me what do you think folks.

Many thanks for looking

Merry Christmas
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

sounds like possibly battery or charging system fault to me,

have you had it hooked up to a LEXIA,

regards malcolm
Bick

Post by Bick »

Yes, well Citroen did, they said it would not show up any fault codes so they were at a loss.

They ended up replacing fuel filter, air filter, plugs, cleaning out the throttle body and replacing the anti stall motor, the one that picks up the tickover if it goes to stall.

It mainly plays up when hot with the lights on and just putting a little load on the power steering. It then starts hunting and tries to stall and the fast idle cuts in to stop it. Most times it just corrects itself but other times it just hunts until I loose the steering wheel taking the load off the power steering pump.

The vehicle has only done 20K from new!

I hope this makes sense?