LED lamps.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

I have LED sidelights and aftermarket 4300k HID's in the Mondeo and they went through the MOT fine, the beam is very good too.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

If they do an H7 I might be in for a punt. Mainbeams are H1 but the dipped/goh H7.
I still haven't replaced mine yet. Did spend an hour last Sunday trying to get the old one out and failed.

Started the car up five minutes before leaving work on Tuesday, auto lights came on and I realised that I had spent an hour on the wrong one - sure I checked before I started too, unless it was corrosion on the contact blades that is now fixed and the other one gone.
The other one is the more difficult of the two, naturally. Lost the clip last time I attempted that one. Failed the MOT as the beam was pointing at the ground three feet in front of the car :)

Will have to have another shot at it today. Only -3 here today.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

myglaren wrote:If they do an H7 I might be in for a punt. Mainbeams are H1 but the dipped/goh H7.
I still haven't replaced mine yet. Did spend an hour last Sunday trying to get the old one out and failed.

Started the car up five minutes before leaving work on Tuesday, auto lights came on and I realised that I had spent an hour on the wrong one - sure I checked before I started too, unless it was corrosion on the contact blades that is now fixed and the other one gone.
The other one is the more difficult of the two, naturally. Lost the clip last time I attempted that one. Failed the MOT as the beam was pointing at the ground three feet in front of the car :)

Will have to have another shot at it today. Only -3 here today.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-X-Car-H7-68-SMD ... 19c1d29348

Pair of H7's delivered for less than £6, got to be worth a punt
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

At that price, certainly.
One thing bothers me though - on the illustration there are only two pins, mine have three.
I have a brand new pair in the car, will check before committing, no rush as I will replace next year, remove the bumper, lights and fix the rear washer at the same time.

I wonder if they do Round Tuits as well. Been waiting a couple of years for one to fix the rear washer problem - I hear it is an MOT fail for it not to work?
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Xac wrote:LED's Offered on Ebay

Pair of H7's delivered for less than £6, got to be worth a punt
The ones listed above will bit a bit on the blue side of white, ideally if you want white light then you need a colour temperature of 4300K.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Thanks Richard - I don't like the blue lights.
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

myglaren wrote:At that price, certainly.
One thing bothers me though - on the illustration there are only two pins, mine have three.
I have a brand new pair in the car, will check before committing, no rush as I will replace next year, remove the bumper, lights and fix the rear washer at the same time.

I wonder if they do Round Tuits as well. Been waiting a couple of years for one to fix the rear washer problem - I hear it is an MOT fail for it not to work?
is this your rear wiper washer? if so rest assured it does not need to be operating to pass the MOT you can simply undo the nut on the wiper blade and remove the wiper if you wanted to.

my rear wiper has suddenly sprung to life after many years of it not working, my MOT tester said rear wiper and washer operation doesnt come into the MOT at all.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Yup Jenny's wiper tube is blocked and passed the MoT

DIY sphere tool
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Mine has passed three MOTs with it not working but a mate at work, has a Skoda VRS that he took back to the dealer last Saturday as the hose fro the rear washer was leaking near the pump.

When they fixed it they told him that it would be an MOT failure in future, for it not to work.
Heard the same thing from another source this week too.
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Perhaps that washer tank supplies the front wipers as well, unless this is something new I'll ask my Local garage where I get my MOTs Done.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

myglaren wrote:At that price, certainly.
H7 have 2, H4 have 3

DIY sphere tool
falling-out-with-my-car

would these side light bulbs fit into the xantia interior lights?
they look similar and might make the interior a bit brighter when the door opens.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

myglaren wrote:Mine has passed three MOTs with it not working but a mate at work, has a Skoda VRS that he took back to the dealer last Saturday as the hose fro the rear washer was leaking near the pump.

When they fixed it they told him that it would be an MOT failure in future, for it not to work.
Heard the same thing from another source this week too.
Moral of that story is don't listen to Skoda garages :)

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:would these side light bulbs fit into the Xantia interior lights?
they look similar and might make the interior a bit brighter when the door opens.
Pretty certain they would Nigel, and I've been thinking about doing the same.
Likewise with the rear numberplate illumination, especialy as I've had to change 3 of those on two cars so far.

DIY sphere tool
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Xac wrote:
Moral of that story is don't listen to Skoda garages :)

Absolutely, I am rather sceptical about it but wondered if anyone else had heard the same thing.
The place where I take mine are very realistic.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Managed to fit the dipped beam bulb without to much trauma.
I had my bulbs all mixed up. The one I thought it was wasn't an H7 at all but a three-pronged affair that is main beam/foglights.

Took the car to the carwash I still have a ticket for. Frozen solid :(

Took it somewhere I have never been before (looks expensive).

£6 for "The Works", two guys pre-spraying the wheels, then the bodywork, with detergent then a drag-you-through automatic thing that sprayed green, chewing gum flavoured jelly stuff and slathered it around, followed by numerous other things including an underbody wash and spray with some anti-salt wax.

Used their vac, 5 mins for a quid, to rid the interior of leaves, gravel and assorted other crap including real (dog) crap that I had tramped in one dark morning and was driving me batshit.

All nice and clean and fragrant again - until tomorrow, no doubt.