The ACTIVA lives!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

The ACTIVA lives!

Post by Citroenmad »

About 4 or 5 years ago we owned an Activa, it was a lovely car but foolishly we traded it in against a late registered Xm.

For a few years ive checked the DVLA to see if the Activa was still around, its tax had run out and its records did not get updated, I thought the worst must have happened to it, broken for bits and scrapped.

Ive not checked for a while, I just came across a picture of it on my photobucket accunt and thought I'd give it a check on the DVLA site and ... its back on the DLVA site!! :D :D :D :D Unitl 01/09/11

At the time we had it it was a very smart car, only around 64K miles, bodywork was excellent, all the spheres were done and Activa bits sorted out by us. It was very good, apart from a leaking rear ram...

Is it living with anyone here? A Dante Red Activa - N293YVN

If I ever see this for sale, im having it! :D

Slight Edit: After my excitement there, ive realised it says SORN not due, so its on SORN? Thats a bit disappointing, but at least there is a chance its around, it had not been on the DVLA site with any information for some time.

If anyone spots it or knows of it let me know, far fetched i know.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

If it is on SORN, might be worth contacting DVLA for the current registered keeper and then approaching them with a view to purchase. You'd need to make up a reason for contacting the keeper, say 'relevant documents for the car from a previous owner', as DVLA can be reluctant to release information.

Handyman
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

I believe if you pay the DVLA search fee, as a previously registered keeper you
can legitimately ask for the new keeper's address details and be up front and
say you would like to purchase the car back so make contact with the new
owner who clearly isn't currently using the car.

It could of course mean it's in a 1000 pieces strewn all about the garage of
an evil puggeriser and the remnants just haven't been weighed in yet and
the V5 surrendered... :(

check out info and pdf downloads on:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ow ... DG_4022067
Enquiries by post

You’ll need to fill in a ‘Request for information’ (V888) form if you want information about:

* another vehicle’s keeper details – the fee for this is £2.50
* previous keepers for a vehicle now registered in your name – the fee for this is £5.00

How to find out about the keeper details of another vehicle

You can only get the name and address of the registered keeper of another vehicle if you can demonstrate ‘reasonable cause’ for needing the information. The DVLA must consider the reasons why you need the information and how it will be used before it is given to you.

It is a criminal offence under Section 55 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to unlawfully obtain or sell personal information. Unlimited fines in the Crown Court (or to a maximum of £5,000 in the Magistrates Court) exist as penalties in respect of these offences.

To check on the circumstances in which you can ask for information, what evidence you need to provide and what information will be supplied, go to:

* Download 'The minimum evidence needed to demonstrate reasonable cause' (PDF, 60K)

Send the V888 form and the right fee to:

Vehicles Fee Paying Enquiry Section
DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1AJ

* Download 'Request for information by a member of the public' (V888) (PDF, 193K)

* Download 'Request for information by a Business’ (V888/2)' (PDF, 165K)

* Download 'Request for information for those who issue a parking charge notice (V888/3)' (PDF, 118K)

* Help with PDF files
The suggestion of having relevant past history/service record of car to pass
on may be a justifiable reason as you clearly can't say you were involved in
an accident with it.

Andrew
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Andrew, I was not going to allude to the possibility that Chris's car may not actually exist any longer in one piece, as it is on SORN.

I think Chris needs to follow this up asap, especially as we all have a penchant for Activas in Dante Red, the only true Activa colour. We need the facts! :D :D :P

Handyman
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

I noticed an R Reg S1 Dante Red one is being broken and sold for spares on the bay... and the seller says all running well up untill december!!

Arse wiper seller

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Paul, this has flagged up on another post. I did contact the seller with a view to buying the rolling chassis to drop another V6 or 2.2L twin cam in, but he eventually replied that the car had been substantially dismantled. He wasn't even interested in selling off the body shell! :shock:

Judging by his listings on Ebay, there are a few bargains, but I think he knows very little about the real value of the Activa specific parts, especially on a car that is not even run in. :roll: A little mindless vandalism, methinks. It just makes the few lower mileage cars that bit rarer.

Handyman